Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at marcy motorsports page and i noticed this :drool: . they have built motors for the 2.3l and also a 2.5l (might need a new section for this) that goes up to 350 hp n/a and 600 hp turbo'd.

i tried contacting them for further questioning but i keep getting there voice messaging system which is full :swearin: . thoughts, comments

·
Registered
693 Posts
Very interesting. I would like to see what would be involved in being able to drop one of these in our rides. that 2.5l with a turbo on it would be a nice setup.

·
Registered
475 Posts
and to think i was gonna buy a turbo, fuck it i'll just drop a new moter in it

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Why would we need a new section for the 2.5L Duratec? I'm assuming its a bored out 2.3L, but its still the same engine, and AFAIK no one her has one or intends to. I don't know how muchj this info has been posted on the club, but these have been known about for a while now, but always good to bring up once in a while :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why would we need a new section for the 2.5L Duratec? I'm assuming its a bored out 2.3L, but its still the same engine, and AFAIK no one her has one or intends to. I don't know how muchj this info has been posted on the club, but these have been known about for a while now, but always good to bring up once in a while :)
[/b]
well......yeah it's probably a bored out 2.3 but none the less it's still a 2.5 just like the 3.5 is probably a bored out 3.0 :) . my bad, i didn't know this topic was brought up already :doh: . i thought it was about the cosworth engines and not the macry engines. with this option available i'd say eff the turbo and go n/a + standalone ecu :drool:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Duratec35 is not a "bored out 3.0". It's an entirely new engine.
[/b]
:slap: i stand corrected :blush: .

·
Registered
475 Posts
dude either way you just saved me from getting the turbo, if i can get a bored out 2.3 with turbo for the same price, then im gonna. but do you know if this would pass smog?

Anyone?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
don't get your hopes up for i don't know if it comes with a turbo. i haven't got in contact with one of the techs yet. the moment i get info, i'll post it

·
Registered
475 Posts
on the list it said
MM-ENGINE-SB25D090 2.3L Duratec Low Compression Turbo Engine (Up to 600hp at 7500rpm) $4750.00

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i understand that but you also have to look at the fact there no items list saying theres a turbo kit thats include. for all we know it's just an engine that can be turbo charged up to 600hp. plus the price is pretty low for an engine w/turbo kit. the hi boost kit alone is $4000

·
Registered
475 Posts
thats what i was thinkin,but if it does include turbo then im on it but note this first
" While these engines are suitable for street use, they are also a custom race level engine and as such will require maintenance and perhaps rebuilding much sooner than the 2.3L variants above."

but im still concerned about smog

any takers?will this pass smog

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'm gonna take a stab at the above underlined. i'm guessing because the engine are custom race level'd, slightly bigger and putting out more power, maintanence would have to be done more frequently due to the wear and tear that the engine is gonna endure on the track+daily driving (if applicable)

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
That price does not include turbo.

That is a block that is designed specifically for forced induction applications, hence "turbo engine". It wouldn't run very well at all without some sort of forced induction attached to it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that sounds about right :yesnod:

·
Registered
867 Posts
info on 2008 mazda6:
Mazda is reportedly[1] developing a replacement for the Mazda6 for the 2008 model year. This new vehicle would reportedly use the 3.5 L V6 Ford Cyclone engine with over 250 hp. Insiders predict that the turbocharged MZI engine might be the base offering and that all wheel drive will be available more widely. In addition, it has been said that the next generation Mazda6 will in fact be larger, more luxurious, and take on a shape similar to the Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class 4-door coupe.[/b]

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
with that piece of news i guess i should have got an 08 instead of an 04. by any chance can i get the website for that article?

·
Registered
922 Posts
maybe i'm wrong but as far as i know anything that is listed as "focus 2.3" or " duratec" isn't compatible with our ECU because they don't have VVT...
maybe Mr. Tea or a tech can chime in... i had my hopes up for the crower "duratec 2.3L" cams, but found out they aren't for us due to the VVT..

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well thats simple, standalone ecu. i'm pretty sure that will work. but still, i'm gonna talk to the techs at marcy

1 - 20 of 30 Posts