Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OOOOK, this is just an IDEA, spur of the moment thought....BUT, since no one has come up with it, I guess it wouldn't hurt to see if anyone thought it might be a good idea?

I've seen many struggle with changing the red leds in the 6 interior dash, the gauges, not too hard, but the leds in the buttons and the interface in the dash is very difficult to change color since it is...well integrated. Im a cheap guy, and I don't want to go through all the effort of taking apart my car to change the color even though it really bugs me it doesn't match the color of my gauges.

But...WHAT IF, this is an if, I could possibly change it without any real knowledge of led technology how to take apart my car.

Cellophane, cheap plastic like material, translucent, readily availible, and also made in certain colors :) Since Im not a painter, I forgot the color wheel, like yellow/green makes blue, but if you covered the red leds with a high quality colored cellophane like material with clear adhesive, wouldn't that change the color? and Is it possible to change the color of RED to something else? Let the comments begin...

·
Registered
649 Posts
You could get orange and purple. Yellow over Red would make an Orangish color, Blue over Red would make Purple or Violet for those in the know. Green over red would land you an ugly neutural color. None of these options appeal to me. I'll stick with red instead of a headache.

If the LED's were white this mod would be a given.

·
Registered
457 Posts
It sounds like a good theory... the hardest (and I know this is oh so hard) thing would be to find a way to have the cellophane stick to the led. I know it is a challenge (lol). Sounds like a 10-20 minute mod, I don't know what colors you can make either though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts