Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently put blue leds in my doors and really like the effect they have. I'd like to add them to the dome lights as well, but want to retain the white lights for map reading, etc.

Can someone post a wiring diagram of the dome light and switch ? I assuming the switch determines the feed source for the dome light. My plan is to remove the switch from the "door open" feed and wire this feed directly to the leds. I'd keep the "hot" feed to the switch for turning the dome light on and off as needed.

If someone could post a diagram, or identify the wiring colours, it would be much appreciated.

PS: its for a 2010.

Thanks much !!!!
Steve

·
Registered
476 Posts
I cant help you to find the wiring diagram but..why don't you just put blue LED in the dome, and let the white bulb in the driver and passenger reader lights.. so when you need to read something, just press on driver and-or passenger light so you will get a nice white light inside the car.

On my car, when I get inside the car, the dome light is bright, and after I close the door the light is dim. LED would be ok, but if the voltage get too low, the LED will not light or be too dim. LED are dim (control) by current, not voltage.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I cant help you with the diagram either but I did replace all the interior lights with blue led's and I can read everything just fine. On a plus you don't loose your night vision as bad either :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (bloodburn5 @ Nov 1 2009, 10:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1613355
I cant help you with the diagram either but I did replace all the interior lights with blue led's and I can read everything just fine. On a plus you don't loose your night vision as bad either :)[/b]

Where did you get your leds ?? I've been looking at the unit available at oznium, but interested in seeing what else is available ??

Thanks much !!!!
Steve

·
Registered
291 Posts
I got mine off ebay, but I think I'm going to replace them with some from superbrightleds.com. A friend of mine got his from them and they seem brighter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts