Mazda 6 Forums banner

Doesn't give worm ear in car

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  TalonTsi90 
#1 ·
When is 1500rpm or higer than coming worm air when lower than cold air and my cooling fluid is going out from the cap.
What's the problem?

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum!

If your coolant is coming out of the cap then you have a problem. Either your car is really overheating or you way overfilled the coolant.

If you're getting warm air only when above 1500RPM then it sounds like you've got more problems going on.

#8 ·
If the coolant temp sensor is in air, coolant level is low, the gauge will show a much lower temp than actual. if you're bubbling out coolant then there is likely air in the system. I would also say 100% from your description that you are overheating and get it repaired asap before you blow the engine.

Likely causes- Water pump, water pump belt(if it's a V6), thermostat, head gasket.

#9 ·
No, the fact that it only out warm air SOME of the time says its the WP.

#10 ·
These cars have a coolant recovery system so fluid should not leak from the radiator cap. An engine overheating would send coolant to the recovery tank, then over flow from it, not the cap. There are two seals built into modern radiator caps, one to seal the radiator fill hole and one where the cap twists on to the radiator neck, the latter is responsible for coolant to flow to the recovery tank instead of on the ground when overheated like cars did decades ago when I started driving. Radiator caps then did not have the 2nd seal on the under side of the cap, this one probably damaged or radiator filler neck is damaged so cap can't seal. .
The 1,500 RPM and coolant leaking suggests the water pump is fine and thermostat is open because coolant spews out only at that higher RPM, not at idle. Eliminate the simple first, look at the radiator cap.

#11 ·
These cars have a coolant recovery system so fluid should not leak from the radiator cap. An engine overheating would send coolant to the recovery tank, then over flow from it, not the cap. There are two seals built into modern radiator caps, one to seal the radiator fill hole and one where the cap twists on to the radiator neck, the latter is responsible for coolant to flow to the recovery tank instead of on the ground when overheated like cars did decades ago when I started driving. Radiator caps then did not have the 2nd seal on the under side of the cap, this one probably damaged or radiator filler neck is damaged so cap can't seal. .
The 1,500 RPM and coolant leaking suggests the water pump is fine and thermostat is open because coolant spews out only at that higher RPM, not at idle. Eliminate the simple first, look at the radiator cap.
LOL, jokes on you man, no rad cap on these. Might wanna listen to people who have ACTUALLY had to correct this problem by replacing the.... WATER PUMP...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.