• Does not apply

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for some data collection so we can stop guessing and gage where most of us are with MT-90. I'll go first.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'm willing to bet that the total number of "Yes" votes for "If your transmission failed was MT-90 the root cause?" will be equal to zero, unless we find someone who put it in their ATX.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Exactly, i bet that there is no one that has used MT-90 and had their tranny fail and can 100% prove that the redline oil was the cause of the problem!

·
Registered
465 Posts
I've had a new transmission fail approx 300-500 miles after replacing with Mt-90 and a rebuilt tranny fail after Approx 250-450 after replacing with Mt-90. Currenly on my 3rd tranny and running stock mazda transmission fluid (whatever it is they put in there).

Did MT-90 make my shifts smoother? Yes, definately. Was it the cause of my tranny failures? I'm not sure, it is suspicious. But there is no way to ever know.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
I've had a new transmission fail approx 300-500 miles after replacing with Mt-90 and a rebuilt tranny fail after Approx 250-450 after replacing with Mt-90. Currenly on my 3rd tranny and running stock mazda transmission fluid (whatever it is they put in there).

Did MT-90 make my shifts smoother? Yes, definately. Was it the cause of my tranny failures? I'm not sure, it is suspicious. But there is no way to ever know.
[/b]
Since hundreds if not thousands of Mazda6 owners have used it for far greater than 500 miles without fail, that'd be a definite "No" that it was the root cause of your particular problem.

This whole survey is kinda dumb. The number of MTX failures on this board can be counted on one hand. The number that can't be positively traced to a mechanical problem can be counted on a couple fingers. And the number that can be directly traced to MT-90 numbers nil. You can't get any results from a sample size that's so small.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
it meets the fluid specs for the tranny, so how the hell can they prove that it caused the failure. i agree.

less they overheated the fuck out of the fluid or somthing, i dunno, jammed it into reverse at 40? that might do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
9 Participants
king_lam925
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing