Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Giving my month old Touring a good cleaning today and noticed this when i reached in between the rear tire and the area in front of it. This was on both sides but only in the rear in front of the tires.

I really thought this would have a plastic cover over it and not just this, felt very brittle and like it would soak up water.

Can someone confirm whether this is correct or not?

Same position behind the rear wheels has a plastic part covering it. The front is entirely plastic.

Pics and review of my 2016 Touring, Snowflake White Pearl, AT, Bose to come soon, almost done with my mods.

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wannabelikemike, I tired my hardest to best describe what i saw and felt, yes i am asking about the fender liner feeling fuzzy almost like carpet.

Based on your description, I take it this is how it should be?

Nice car, nice color!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I assume so, I too have never seen this on any other car, but mine is the exact same way.

Sent from where ever I am

·
Super Moderator
16,782 Posts
It's supposed to be there, and don't worry about it soaking up water or anything because it's such cheap carpet that it doesn't retain much moisture. Yes, it's more than plastic, but not enough that it will do any significant damage to the car over time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
that felt like lining is supposed to be there. i used to work for lexus detailing cars back in the early 2000's and they brought it out on the LS430. it supposedly a recycled plastic/fabric and soaks up road noise better than other materials.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts