Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those turn signal lights behind the front wheel like in BMW's and Audi's. Does the Mazda6 have those for the North America version?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Does the N.A. 6 have the side turn signals?'

nop, not yet, maybe next year. If you look at the protege, they put it on the 5, Mazdaspeed, ES and LX (in Canada) for 2003 models. I'm gonna put those on mine.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

How are you gonna put them on? Your gonna drill holes?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Really they would do such things. I think side lights would be a very useful feature. It will allow drivers to see that a car is still in the intersection trying to turn.

·
Registered
391 Posts

Very good point. Especially that the 6 has side lights in front of the wheels only and nothing on the side at the rear, what most of the other cars have.

·
Registered
86 Posts

This is indeed strange.

The versions we get in Asia has the side turn-signal lights. I wonder why the N.A. plant won't just take the entire design from Japan and reproduce them. Are there some government requirements that some design work must be made in N.A. to satisfy the made-in-N.A. label?

·
Registered
355 Posts

The versions we get in Asia has the side turn-signal lights.[/b]
I think there are differences in law in this in every country. Here it is a must to have visible side signals to every direction from the car... Don't know the exact law text, but that's the main point in it... And I believe in many other countries it is more or less the same (but certainly not in all).

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

It doesn't even make sense not to have it. Its not like they are saving millions from it. I just don't understand. Now I know why we have side curtain airbags cause we'll probably be hit from the side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts