Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
I'm on every part site under the sun but would prefer to use Amazon. The part number is either K5T49096 or maybe BP4Y-18-741. The OEM Mazda sites have horrible schematic diagrams.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I had a little trouble finding mine but I believe the thread I posted in for the codes I was having had a link to a replacement. Hold tight...

I just got home from a trip to AutoZone. They have no idea what part I need. I took the guy out to the car, opened the hood, and pointed to it. They have nothing on their computer system. He was like "sorry man, maybe you should check on-line."

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Okay... go to page 4 of this thread...

https://www.mazda6club.com/#/topics/284361

The Doc posted a couple links with part numbers. If memory serves one of those was the correct replacement for the Boost Solenoid sensor.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
@TampaBay6 The above link didn't work for me but since I am at a terminal I can easily find, cut, and paste the numbers from @waughoo post.
Baro sensor: KL47, E1T10372, A 4526
EGR Boost sensor solenoid: K5T49096, BP4Y, 4427
@DrFeelGood Did you edit your post that had the links to the car parts dot com page? One of those links was correct. It's actually the part the OP was looking for. I went back to try and find it again just now but it wasn't there.

·
Rally Racer
1,761 Posts
@DrFeelGood Did you edit your post that had the links to the car parts dot com page? One of those links was correct. It's actually the part the OP was looking for. I went back to try and find it again just now but it wasn't there.

Yes. I did not want to mislead someone and since I couldn't tell which was correct (and you posted updated links) I decided to clear the incorrect data.

:unsure:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I also followed the link and it took me to the Mazda6Club home page.

So the correct part numbers are these three EGR Boost sensor solenoid: K5T49096, BP4Y, 4427 ?

What part is the 4427?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I checked my codes and P0455 is gone.

Now I'm working with P2144. "EGR boost sensor solenoid valve circuit low input." What does that all really mean?

Anyone know how to test that solenoid? And does anyone know the part number?

EGR BOOST SENSOR SOLENOID VALVE INSPECTION [AJ]

Airflow Inspection NOTE:

• Perform the following procedure only when directed.
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the EGR boost sensor solenoid valve.
3. Inspect airflow between each port under the following conditions.

• If not as specified, replace the EGR boost sensor solenoid valve.
  • If as specified, carry out the “Circuit Open/Short Inspection”.

Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge

Circuit Open/Short Inspection 1. Disconnect the PCM connector. (See PCM REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [AJ].)
2. Inspect the following wiring harnesses for open or short circuit (Continuity check).

Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge
  • Open circuit
  • If there is no continuity, there is an open circuit. Repair or replace the wiring harness.
    • EGR boost sensor solenoid valve terminal B and PCM terminal 1AX
    • EGR boost sensor solenoid valve terminal A and main relay terminal C
  • Short circuit
  • If there is continuity, there is a short circuit. Repair or replace the wiring harness.
    • EGR boost sensor solenoid valve terminal B and body GND
    • EGR boost sensor solenoid valve terminal A and power supply

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I also followed the link and it took me to the Mazda6Club home page.

So the correct part numbers are these three EGR Boost sensor solenoid: K5T49096, BP4Y, 4427 ?

What part is the 4427?
Those part numbers were embossed onto the bottom clip of the valve when I removed the original from the car. They were oriented in three lines. The comma was the separation of each line. I honestly dont know what they mean. The K5T number is what i was able to find it under as a replacement.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I tried to find a cheaper part, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be this time. Ordered this switch from Mazda on Amazon. Payed $84.51

At least I got a 5% credit with Prime.

Attachments

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
6 Participants
waughoo
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing