Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to need a few things I think, so I figured I'd see what prices would be like. No part numbers yet, just wanted to check to see if anything is even still available. Its a 1988 323 GTX.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Most everything is still available. The only stuff that I might have a hard time locating is the interior and some trim pieces, like door handles, moldings, etc

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh well good, most of the stuff I will need is engine-related anyway. I'll come back when I have part numbers :)

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what kind of price can you get me on the Mazdaspeed 1.6L GTX Motor Mount set? I see CS has it up for $266, hopefully you can beat it.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Mazdaspeed motor mount set? And it looks like I'll need the VIN for the OEM set.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MS motor mount set:
From Corksport
MAZDASPEED 1.6 motor mount set GTX

The Mazdaspeed motor mounts are an entire replacement for the stock motor mounts. The mounts have a 35% stiffer rubber insert to limit engine movement. There is an increase in vibration through the chassis with the installation of the motor mounts due to the stiffer rubber in the mounts. These mounts only fit the GTX. [/b]
VIN: JM1BF2340J0152637

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Must be an overseas thing, cuz they're not listed anywhere for me. In fact, there are no Mazdaspeed parts listed for the 323. As for the OEM ones, they're $334.45 total

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! That sounds like a lot if the MS ones are $266. I'll have to ask CS what the deal is. Does your system say how many pieces it includes, and/or if the tranny mount is included?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Well they all come individually, I just added up the total for all 4

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How about the speedo cable? And can you give me a price for the rear tranny mount alone?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Speedo cable is a two piece. Top piece is $46.60 p/n BK95-60-070A and the lower piece is $30.80, p/n BK95-60-080.

As for the mount, I get people telling me that they're looking for a rear tranny mount, and half the time they're talking about a different one. So, which one is it that you need?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually, for now, forget the mounts :D I think I'll end up going with the MS set from corksport. I was told as the rear tranny mount connects to the floorpan and can make the car vibrate a bit too much, I'm assuming it would be the 39-040B mount they're talking about. If I find thats the case, I'll replace the mount with a stock one.

As for the speedo cable, I'll have to look to see which piece I need. I think it might be the lower, you have a pic of that by chance? I don't have my FSM with me.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Sure

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, I am 99% sure its the bottom piece then, thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, so how much for piston rings?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Standard, Oversive 0.25, or Oversize 0.50?

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Standard.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
$229 p/n B6Y0-11-SC0A

1 - 18 of 18 Posts