Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am just wondering if everything sounds normal. Couple weeks ago my car was stopped do to deep ass puddle that i tried to get around. I have a AEM CAI, HKS SSQV BOV recirc, CPE cat back, Boost gauge, and boost controller. Just wondering if peeps with the same car get the same sounds from inside

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/vabe...rent=MOV010.flv

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
yah that sounds normal. what do u mean by "stopped"? if you had a cai problem you would probably see a check engine light (if minor) and the car wouldnt function (if major). at least thats what others have reported.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean it shut totaly off from the water. And i got it back working again without taking out the sparkplugs. I am dumb I know. But hindsight is always 20/20. does your BOV sound the same in recirc?

·
Registered
851 Posts
probably bent a rod, floated the head, etc etc....should have tried harder getting around the puddle.

I would take the intake off and look on the inside for any water marks to see how far the water did travel up the intake if at all.

remember just because it doesn't throw a CEL doesn't mean something isn't wrong

remember this car is 2.3L. think of a 2L bottle of soda. divide that by 4, thats not a lot of space, now that space is what the cylianders can hold at bottom dead center, imagine what happens to that space at top dead center.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts