Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the 03-04 AEM CA Intake will fit the 05? PArt #21-484 PLease help. I think it will but I just wanted to double check.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
the bracket for the crankcase briether tube is different. if you go that route, then you need to find you're own tube to make the connection.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the bracket for the crankcase briether tube is different. if you go that route, then you need to find you're own tube to make the connection.
[/b]

I saw the instalation PDF But by tube do you mean like the rubber/plastic? Well I got a real good deal for this brand new C.A.I. From AEM so I wanted to make this work has anyone ever made this work?

·
Registered
6 Posts
cant you just use a breather instead of the tube? thats what a bunch of my friends use. then they plug the hole on the intake tube

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
you can, but you can also just replace the tube/hose for the same cost.

....yeah, the rubber/plastic piece. just replace it from the valvecover to the intake and you are golden.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you can, but you can also just replace the tube/hose for the same cost.

....yeah, the rubber/plastic piece. just replace it from the valvecover to the intake and you are golden.
[/b]

I got a response from a AEM Tech and they said that Part#21-484 should fit 2003-2006 Mazda6 i models but did'nt mention anything else. Go Figure. Thanks guys for the help.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have the AEM Cold Air intake on my '05 6i.

All you need is a new piece of hose, about 3/4 in. diameter. You can get it at any parts store.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts