Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a speeding ticket in jersey, but im a PA driver does anyone know if the points will transfer? A couple friends told me they would not, but a jersey lawyer said they will be sent to harrisburg and they have to reasses them to PA points is that true?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I believe the violation would be on your record, but the points won't since it didn't happen within the state. I'll ask a couple of my coworkers tomorrow. they used to drive truck and would know.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Im not 100% certian on this, but a friend of mine just got a ticket in delware, and he has a license from philly, and the cop told him that its up to delware to report the points back to PA. They said its about a 80% chance that it wont get reported.

Now thats what he told me and im not sure if NJ is any diffrent.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Only DUW/DWI transfer between states. Regular violations do not...except if you get a ticket in Ontario, Canada it transfers to a NY license...yea i know...explain that one!

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Ah. That explains why I didn't get any points or the ticket on my GA MVR when I got a ticket in TX.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
sorry if this is considering thread jacking, but i got 6 points in NY state (i murdered somebody). anybody know if it transfer to NJ? i've heard know, just figured i'd ask since i stumbled upon this thread.

·
Registered
66 Posts
sorry if this is considering thread jacking, but i got 6 points in NY state (i murdered somebody). anybody know if it transfer to NJ? i've heard know, just figured i'd ask since i stumbled upon this thread.
[/b]
you what? :goon:

·
Registered
37 Posts
[/b]

I got a ticket in NY a couple of years ago and they did not transfer. I don't know if it still the same.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Only DUW/DWI transfer between states. Regular violations do not...except if you get a ticket in Ontario, Canada it transfers to a NY license...yea i know...explain that one!
[/b]
The transfer of points from state, relies on each state, in this specific case canada/ny have i think what is called "Reciprocity" bwtn state or a DLC to answer the initial question above...

refer to link..

http://www.dot10.state.pa.us/pdotforms/fac...eets/fs-dlc.pdf

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
10 Participants
xtmesisx
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing