Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To lock the torque/power split to 50/50 between front and rear axles? I know this car CAN give up to 50% to the rear diff. Would there be a way to over-ride the system and set it at 50-50?

I'd like to do this for the upcoming weekend at TWS. However I also know it's an electro-mechanical system we're dealing with, not just a piece of software that divides up the power.

Does anyone think there is a way to hack this? You know, like in the STi's where you can tune the power distribution with a dial.

I'm guessing no, but would be nice to have that ability.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
259 Posts
To lock the torque/power split to 50/50 between front and rear axles? I know this car CAN give up to 50% to the rear diff. Would there be a way to over-ride the system and set it at 50-50?

I'd like to do this for the upcoming weekend at TWS. However I also know it's an electro-mechanical system we're dealing with, not just a piece of software that divides up the power.

Does anyone think there is a way to hack this? You know, like in the STi's where you can tune the power distribution with a dial.

I'm guessing no, but would be nice to have that ability.

Thoughts?
[/b]

You can do it if you want to loose the ability to steer and if you want the PTU to blow up.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
the drivetrain cant handle it because we don't have a center differential, but rather a rear differential coupler that is liquid cooled. it's been discussed before so you can try using the search key for more info. search 'full time awd' or something along those lines.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the drivetrain cant handle it because we don't have a center differential, but rather a rear differential coupler that is liquid cooled. it's been discussed before so you can try using the search key for more info. search 'full time awd' or something along those lines.
[/b]
Great, thanks Ryceboi, you usually have really good input. Guess I should have searched on this before posting. Thought I was being original - heh

·
Registered
34 Posts
there is a separate control unit for torque split control see if some comp geek might be able to hack it if we could get it to split up to 30/70 that would be even better

·
Registered
259 Posts
there is a separate control unit for torque split control see if some comp geek might be able to hack it if we could get it to split up to 30/70 that would be even better
[/b]

Thats physycally impossible with a coupling based system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts