Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put back my Bose subwoofer. I thought you could take just that Bose plastic piece off the rear shelf to get to the speaker mounting, but apparently you cannot. I cracked it trying. It seems that the whole shelf has to come out. I could be wrong. Can someone please help? I thought this was going to be a quick job, but I was wrong.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I want to put back my Bose subwoofer. I thought you could take just that Bose plastic piece off the rear shelf to get to the speaker mounting, but apparently you cannot. I cracked it trying. It seems that the whole shelf has to come out. I could be wrong. Can someone please help? I thought this was going to be a quick job, but I was wrong.
[/b]
You have fold the rear seat down, then remove the sides of the rear seat(the part of the seatback that stays up), then the c-pillars, then you can remove the entire rear deck. It's a little time consuming, but it's not very hard.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have fold the rear seat down, then remove the sides of the rear seat(the part of the seatback that stays up), then the c-pillars, then you can remove the entire rear deck. It's a little time consuming, but it's not very hard.
[/b]
Shit. I wish you wouldn't have said that. I have to remove a whole lot of duct tape that has been covering the cutouts in the metal that was used to stop the vibrations. I don't think I can get the seats down without doing that. Thank you though.

·
Registered
592 Posts
theres 2 bolts on the side pieces of the seat at the bottom and a latch type of release on the top. a bolt is behind the abs logo on rear pillars other then that you got the snappy clips in the rear deck and 2 bolts and it comes right out.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holy crap that was difficult. Probably because I forgot about the rear pillars. I was able to lift it up just enough to get the speaker in and tighten a couple screws. When I have more time, i'll take the entire thing off again and get the other 2 screws. Still great and the sound dampening tape in the trunk makes it sound better. So glad that was done. tapping into the sub lead and running amped subs doesn't sound too great. I'll stick with the Bose for awhile.

·
Registered
592 Posts
need to get the sound output from front door speakers not the sub or the rear door speakers.....

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's ok, I don't need that much boom anyways, just going to get a roll of dynamat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts