Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a Supercharger Kit for my '05 Mazda6 with a Ford Duratec V6 3.0L engine?

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
None exist for our car.

Unless you decide to go custom, that's the only way to go.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Honestly, and I mean this in the best way, I applaud your enthusiasm, but if you've got to ask it's probably not something that you want to get involved in. Custom forced induction will set you back several thousand dollars and would likely entail many weeks without your new car. You probably don't want to get involved in that unless you're dealing with someone you know and trust to do all the work.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
throw up your location, i might be able to find you a place....but as he said, look for at least a 5k price tag give or take

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
if he wants a supercharger, i can find him a place to do it, then you 6s guys will have options down the line! my room mate is dropping a good 5k for this turbo project to get started so you guys can have a turbo, maybe we can do the same with an SC kit.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i've talked to them a good 5 times in the last 3 years....just no market when there is no ecu option for them. not cost effective.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
yes,but wait,Mr. Tea your roomate is the first one to get the standalone ems for the V6,that will open up alot of options for foced induction.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am in the Las Vegas area. The $$ tag does not scare me as I own my own Computer Network Infrastructure business. We install wired and wireless computer networks across America.

I do not want turbos. I had a Datsun 280zx waaaay back in the day. When the turbo went out, it ran like crap AND it only kicked in after xxxx rpm's. I am looking for something that has some juice down in the 2000 rpm range and above, full-time, 24/7. Ya'll feeling me?

yes,but wait,Mr. Tea your roomate is the first one to get the standalone ems for the V6,that will open up alot of options for foced induction.
[/b]

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I am in the Las Vegas area. The $$ tag does not scare me as I own my own Computer Network Infrastructure business. We install wired and wireless computer networks across America.

I do not want turbos. I had a Datsun 280zx waaaay back in the day. When the turbo went out, it ran like crap AND it only kicked in after xxxx rpm's. I am looking for something that has some juice down in the 2000 rpm range and above, full-time, 24/7. Ya'll feeling me?
[/b]
I certainly hope your old car ran like crap when the turbo went out...that would be just about the equivilant of losing 1/2 your cylinders in a N/A car...

I was in the same boat as you with turbo vs supercharger...that is till I drove the speed6, lots of low end torque, I'm at full boost by 2700 RPMs and the only problem with the stock setup is boost starts to drop off at around 5700 RPMs.

I do enjoy supercharged cars, my dad had a Bonneville SSEi, constant power.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Tuning is going to be an issue, but there are several companies that make or are making a 3.0L supercharger kit, NECO or CEG will be of help...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Wiggum, could you elaborate more on this? Are they waiting for a tuning solutions? And why doesn't Unichip work?

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Tuning is obviously different on these cars...

If Unichip will work... you may want to look into this...

here is the thread...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I been all over those sites and do not see anything specific for the '05 Mazda6. Alot on the 3.0L, but nothing on a kit. Can you help me pinpoint, my friend?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Which kit do you think would give the most advantages? super charger or turbo? i'm not that informed about these products, but lets just say each is running maybe 5 psi or so higher than stock...

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Which kit do you think would give the most advantages? super charger or turbo? i'm not that informed about these products, but lets just say each is running maybe 5 psi or so higher than stock...
[/b]
A turbo is better because you get "free" energy. A supercharger though is easier to bolt on though and at such low boost a S/C will be better because it creates instant power :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts