Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thought was sparked by a discovery channel show about how people steal cars with alarms and "The Club" on them. This former car jacker said that if he saw a car with the club, an alarm and auto lock on it, he wouldn't even bother picking it up. I'm sure you all love your Mazdas so I'm wondering what pre-cautions have been taken to help keep your car secure.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Reading Topic: Does anyone in here use good anti-theft equipment on their 6?

Alarm and factory immobilizer. Also use the double-lock feature of the doors. Nothing else fancy (ie no sat-tracking etc).

Whats a 'the club' when its at home?
-- Rainchild

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I wonder if they only sell immobilizers in Austrailia etc because I didn't see the option on a U.S. M6.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Does anyone in here use good anti-theft equipment on their 6?'

The immobilizer is standard in every 6. It is built into the key. You cannot have an extra key cut for a 6 at your local key shop.

Here is a Miata key showing the transponder, the 6 is the same.

Transponder

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Really? That makes me feel quite a bit safer about my future purchase. :)

·
Registered
657 Posts

I have a DEI produced alarm (sorry, I wont say which ;) ) with the LED mounted right on the top of the steering wheel base, for the world to see. The Valet switch has quite a few places to be hid ingeniously too, along with the brain. The club is worthless, don't believe the Discovery Channel. I know I can take one off in about 50 seconds if I wanted to. Let's just say I had undesirable friends when I was a kid, and we practiced at the junkyard. The 50 seconds is timed, by the way. :( Sorry foks, just being honest.

Fact is, no matter what alarm you have, if a thief REALLY wants your car, it's theirs. Any alarm can be taken care of easily, and short of disconnecting the battery every time you leave your car, there's not much you can do about it. Just pray that they burn the car after they take it, so you get a brand new one instead of your fixed original.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts