Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that it's a strange task, but i just wanna know how does it look.
Thanx. Happy new year!!!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Does anyone have pix of 6 only with the side skirts?'

Not going to well for ya huh? Sorry I can't help. I haven't seen any pics like that. Matt (our resident pic finder) is probably your last hope. If he doesn't have a pic like that then you're probably out of luck.

And since this is your first post I'll be the first to say Welcome :)

Alan

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

The parts of the body kit come as a kit. I would say that to purchase these seperate from the front and rear valance would probably actually be more.

Weird things with these parts prices with Mazda.

Ie. To buy just the foglights from a Protege MP3 costs 140 EACH. That's murderous. Get a set of MadCatz Spotlights which are exactly the same but have better beam direction for 120 for the pair.

ppphhhffft. Go figure.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanx anyway! But what do you think: would skirts look pretty without bumpers? Just your opinion.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

. Matt (our resident pic finder) is probably your last hope. If he doesn't have a pic like that then you're probably out of luck[/b]
Hahaha, well thanks :D I'm sorry, I can't help you

would skirts look pretty without bumpers? Just your opinion.[/b]
Hm...I don't know. I think the front and rear will be too high (hard to explain) of the ground if you compare it with the sides...It will be probably like if you got a Sport kit but not alloys..looks hideous

Or maybe someone can make something with photoshop??

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

In my opinion the only reason you wouldn't get the rest of the kit is if you planned to get an aftermarket front bumper and rear valance and like the stock side skirts.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Well I did it. Not the best color matching but all the time I was willing to spend on it. Gives the idea anyways :D

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

hmmm.. looks better than I thought it would with just the skirts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I'll explain my question... The problem is that in Russia roads are pretty bad (some of them) especially in winter when it's snowing hardly, so I think that the front aero bumper will be too low & could be damaged easily. So it's kind a problem for me to decide...

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Thats makes sense. As was said previously the sports kit is way expensive when not fitted on right from the factory that way, but, if you just want the side skirts that probably won't be too expensive to fit on afterwards.

Oh, and I pretty sure you're our first Russian member (who posts, anyway). Cool :)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Actually - is it lower with aero package? The car have undercarrige parts that extend below the skirts. With no aero-package the car have a a very high ride hight for a normal car I think.

Thing is - The areo package seems to almost only make the car wider, not at all that much lower...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

May be U'r right but as I was told, the front aero bumper lowers the car for nearly 5cm.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Reading Topic: Does anyone have pix of 6 only with the side skirts?

I was under the impression that the aero front and read bumpers didn't affect ground clearance at all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Reading Topic: Does anyone have pix of 6 only with the side skirts?

So you want a LEGO to play :) I have one for you.

visit the Japan Mazda Atenza official site:

http://www.atenza.mazda.co.jp/option/

then on the right side shows the trim (eg. Sedan - the best :D). You'll be directed to the Virtual Garage. Now on the left side you will have links with jeroglifs but just click on them and watch how the car image will change.

It's fun to see how the car changes. Moreover you can play with the interrior.

Have fun!

·
Registered
543 Posts

Cool - thanks!

Well, I made a white sedan (since you can see the lines of the car pretty good with that color) and added the Rear Wing Spoiler and the Front and Rear Bumper Skirt, but NOT the side sills. I did not think it looked too bad. What do you think?

So how come there's no Yellow or any Red on the Japanese garage site?? Don't they have those colors?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Does anyone have pix of 6 only with the side skirts?'

Man, the car I made was so many yen :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Does anyone have pix of 6 only with the side skirts?'

they do have yellow and red in japan, but ONLY on hatch versions of the mazda6 at the moment :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts