Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there is such an option! So can you describe me how does it look & work?
Thank you!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Does anyone have parktronic on your m6?'

I do.

It has audio and visual warnings. The visual warnings are mounted on the passenger lighting unit. There's 6 leds that light up as you go nearer to an object behind u. At the same time there's beeping that increases in frequency.

I'll take a pic.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Originally posted by Kerrick

I do.

It has audio and visual warnings. The visual warnings are mounted on the passenger lighting unit. There's 6 leds that light up as you go nearer to an object behind u. At the same time there's beeping that increases in frequency.

I'll take a pic.[/b]
Thanks for the answer! Do you think parktronic is effective, does it worth its money?
Waiting for pix!

·
Registered
96 Posts

Originally posted by Kave

Thanks for the answer! Do you think parktronic is effective, does it worth its money?
Waiting for pix![/b]
I paid 640 euro's for the dealer installed version.. which is very nicely done but still a lot of money. But it's really helpful yes.
The rearend of my hatch is quite high so it's hard to see what's behind you. No problem parking for me.

·
Registered
56 Posts

So I take it that this is just a Euro and JDM option?

~Kyle

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Reading Topic: Does anyone have parktronic on your m6?

No, it was one of the yanks in here that had that gizmo also. So I'm sure you can order it for yours aswell.

·
Registered
96 Posts

This is what you get on your rear end.. those black caps are going to be painted silver. Dealers don't think for themselves ;)

That black UFO thingy on the rear interior lighting unit is the indicator.. every light is 20 cm nearer until all are on at 30cm.

·
Registered
176 Posts

Kerrick (or anyone else) ... could you please get us the part no. for the Parktronic how it was called here.
Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts

GJ6A-V7-290A for the Sport and Sedan
GJ5A-V7-290A for the SportBreak

·
Registered
736 Posts

Wow. Those rear tail lights are gorgeous. I'm definitely going to have to upgrade stuff when I get my 6.

·
Registered
96 Posts

Originally posted by Gecko_2k2

Wow. Those rear tail lights are gorgeous. I'm definitely going to have to upgrade stuff when I get my 6.[/b]
Upgrade? They r standard issue..

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

We don't need all that - I use a cat tied to my rear bumper. I am alerted well before my car is damaged.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

:D Appeljax now what would you say if a CAT tied YOU to a bumper and run in to things. Thinking of how the cat would drive (hint: it can't gas and see thru the window at the same time :D) I'd think you'd be sorry for moutning him on te bumper then uhh? But hten it's to late! :D

Now one thing I don't understand - why is the plate saying LG-LG-LG? :) Are you found of silvery tv's and computer accesories? ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts

Originally posted by Blackbird
Now one thing I don't understand - why is the plate saying LG-LG-LG? :) Are you found of silvery tv's and computer accesories? ;)[/b]
Photoshop did that :)

A plate with that letter combination doesn't even exist in .nl
No personalised plates here.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by applejax

We don't need all that - I use a cat tied to my rear bumper.  I am alerted well before my car is damaged.[/b]
Just don't forget to feed it, or you will have less warning every day...:sarc

1 - 18 of 18 Posts