Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive only driven mine a total of about 10 hours and i love it dont get me wrong but if it needs anything i would think it definitely needs a sixth gear, does anyone else agree just thinking out loud

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think mine does have a 6th gear...[/b]
Im not sure about the automatics, i guess i should have added that part, i was refering to the five speed manuals

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No way man i like it too much, plus my girl would be pissed if i went back to the pickup truck

·
Registered
666 Posts
do you have the 6s (v6) or 6i (i4), brumy? I wish my car had a 6th gear too, but once you drive it around for a while it won't bug you. Keeps you right in the power for highway passing, and you'll still get good highway gas mileage even if it looks like your 6 should be guzzling gas.

·
Registered
517 Posts
when i first got the car. i complained too

but truth is. the engines so butter smooth. i tend to forget
plus realize that ur car will be scrapped FAR before ur engine wears out.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Not me.
I have a 6i and I spend most of my time in 3rd and 4th already. If I had a 6th gear I know I would never use it.

I guess 6s people might want one and I think Speed6 people have one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I thought this since the drive home from the dealer...

It'd be nice to slip it into 6th and see those RPM's dip into the 2K's while I'm doing 70-80.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd settle for a deeper 5th cog. My brother's 6 speed G35 coupe convinced me that sometimes 6 gears are entirely too much of a pain in the rear.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
do you have the 6s (v6) or 6i (i4), brumy? I wish my car had a 6th gear too, but once you drive it around for a while it won't bug you. Keeps you right in the power for highway passing, and you'll still get good highway gas mileage even if it looks like your 6 should be guzzling gas.[/b]
Ive got a 6s

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
22 Participants
Omni
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing