Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to go for a Mazda6 MZR-CD 136 - a normal choice in Europe ;).
If somebody has the performances of this engines, had tried it ... please let me know
;)
Zoom U, Adrian

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Does anybody tried the Diesel engine (MZR-CD 136)?'

I test drove the 89 kW version and I was quite impressed with this one (the 89 kW-version is only 0.4 seconds slower from 0-100 km/h) and it really didn't feel any slower than the 2.3 l 4-cylinder-engine, but this is subject to the turbo engine.

Here are the specs for the MZR-CD with 136 hp (that I ordered as well :D ):

136hp at 3.500 rpm
310 Nm at 2.000 rpm
0-100 in 10.6 seconds
V-max: 198 km/h

I hope I was able to help out.

·
Registered
167 Posts

I test drove the M6 Sport with the 136hp engine (and then ordered a Blue Pacific Sport Wagon with that same engine :D).

I can only compare it first hand to the VW 90hp TDI, but that's just no comparison. The M6 is so much stronger, which is not surprising as it has 50% more power and also 50% more torque.

It behaves turbo Diesel typical, with a strong boost just before 2000 rpm. It's a little weak below that, but that's also turbo Diesel typical.

It is exceptionally quiet. When you turn the key, you would not believe there is a Diesel engine under the hood.

Fuel consumption average as stated by Mazda is 6.5l/100km. The trip computer in the one I drove said 8.9, however, probably due to being driven mainly in the city, and also people are prone to step on the gas on a test drive :).

Here are the power/torque curves of the 120hp (left) and the 136hp (right):

Sorry, those were the biggest I could find :sarc

Peter

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks all for the info.
The Mazda released figures I had it before - otherwise I wouldn't have chosen the CD136 ;-)
The 2 graphs actually are excellent (even though you can only guess the figures :) )
So there is nobody yet to own a MZR CD136.
I was interested in how is the noises of the diesel as the 2.0l engined M6 seemed pretty noisy in a test comparison performed by Auto, Motor & Sport (Romanian version of the German auto magazine) - in general +4/6 dB compared to Mondeo/Laguna2.

·
Registered
167 Posts

I have no idea how the noise level of the Diesel compares to that of the 2.0 petrol engine, but I would imagine that it would still be a bit noisier. I did not notice any Diesel-typical knocking sounds whatsoever though, unlike my 90hp Passat TDI that was VERY noisy, especially when it was cold.

Have you ordered your '6 yet adim_v? Which body style, color, etc.?

Peter

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

What was decided:
Mazda6 ;) Diesel, more precisely MZR CD136 - you get a lot more for this one compared to the CD120
Still not decided:
- Colour ... most probably Classic Red but waiting for some feedback (to see one, listen to smbdy who got a Red one ... I want it to be noticed but I don't want the whole city to know I've got a RED BEAUTY :)); Pacific Blue will be the second choice but I have to drop it most probably as it is too pretentious; third choice - Titanium Grey;
- Body - I'm still struggling between Sedan and Hatch - I've already started a topic on this :hoho
Due to high taxes also I'm not going into GT, even though ...
ZZ U, Adi

·
Registered
167 Posts

Originally posted by adim_v

What was decided:
Mazda6 ;)  Diesel, more precisely MZR CD136 - you get a lot more for this one compared to the CD120
Still not decided:
- Colour ... most probably Classic Red but waiting for some feedback (to see one, listen to smbdy who got a Red one ... I want it to be noticed but I don't want the whole city to know I've got a RED BEAUTY :)); Pacific Blue will be the second choice but I have to drop it most probably as it is too pretentious; third choice - Titanium Grey;
- Body - I'm still struggling between Sedan and Hatch - I've already started a topic on this :hoho  
Due to high taxes also I'm not going into GT, even though ...
ZZ U, Adi[/b]
Sounds good :D

Those colors are all nice - I was thinking about the red but decided against it because red always seems to fade very quick compared to other colors. I believe there have also been some threads about this on this forum, also about how metallic paints are more durable etc.

As for body style, you already know my opinion (see your other topic :)) but of course everyone should choose the body style that best suits their life style.

Peter

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Still no CD136 owners???
And I don't mean drive tests?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I thought Diesel will be popular for the Euro zone...
Especially that it came with such an attractive price ... in here the difference between the 2.0 gas (141HP) and 2.0 diesel (136HP ... but what a torque) is only a few hundreds Euro (~500E ... no taxes).
So it should be a hit in a country with diesel cost of 0.50-0.55 Euro/l.

·
Registered
167 Posts

So it should be a hit in a country with diesel cost of 0.50-0.55 Euro/l.[/b]
~ 0.80 here in Germany.. still cheaper than petrol though :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

What about the difference in price ... compared to a 2.0l gas, same equipment?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

BTW, there is a nice SuperTest in the november no. of the French "L'AutoMobile"... for those understanding french :sarc
Even though I never learn any French in school (bad for me ... got those "Russian second foregn language mandatory" times ... :( ) I was helped my our common latin origin (and various former French influences in 19th century Romanian language ;) ) so I get most of it.
The test drive - 3000km all around France - was with a nice Silver MZR CD136 hatch.
So, even though I didn't get all the twists and subtilities of the article (you know the journalists ... they criticize using the most laudative words :sarc ) the general outcome of the article was: a nice car to drive. The alternatives to it were Mondeo 2.0TDCi, Vectra GTS 2.2 DTi, Laguna 2.2 dCi, S60 2.4D.
I don't know in other markets, but in here, all those cars - with equivalent equipment - are much more expensive. None of them as good looking.
The most disturbing shortness of the car was ... guess what ... fuel consumption. Especially on the highway (they have the consumptions city/route/autoroute=highway) they got up to 8.8l/100km ... which is quite high for a 2.0l diesel.
If other French speaking guys got out more of that article ... please let me know.

·
Registered
244 Posts

What about the difference in price ... compared to a 2.0l gas, same equipment?[/b]
In Estonia:

2.0 gas Elegance sedan - MSRP 16940 USD/Euro

2.0 diesel Elegance sedan - MSRP 20510 USD/Euro

I think the diesel is 120 HP version (dunno for sure); hence the 136 HP would cost even more.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Are these prices ... with all taxes included DDP (Delivery Duty Paid) incl. VAT? or just CIP (Carriage&Insurance Paid) prices?

·
Registered
244 Posts

Are these prices ... with all taxes included DDP (Delivery Duty Paid) incl. VAT? or just CIP (Carriage&Insurance Paid) prices?[/b]
I've never seen DDP or anything else mentioned separately, so it's with all taxes (inc. 18% VAT). All it takes to drive away is additional 160 USD/Euro or so for registartion.

·
Registered
167 Posts

What about the difference in price ... compared to a 2.0l gas, same equipment?[/b]
In Germany (using the hatch as an example, the difference is the same for all body types):

1.8 MZR (120hp) Exclusive: 21400 €
2.0 MZR (141hp) Exclusive: 22950 €
2.0 MZR-CD (121hp) Exclusive: 23400 €
2.0 MZR-CD (136hp) Exclusive: 24400 €

There is also higher tax (paid once a year) for Diesel powered cars, I'm not sure how much higher though (it's around 300 € per year for the 136hp Diesel).

·
Registered
41 Posts

Don't know if you have already saw it, but i posted a review from a portuguese magazine. It's translated, except for the final conclusions and ratings. I'll try to get back to it asap.

·
Registered
50 Posts

I have now about 6700km with my 6 (have it already from August); it's unfortunatly a CDVI 120hp.

In Belgium you can only have the 136 in full option and only in Hatchback and [email protected] not in the sedan like I have:(

Very happy with the car... great engine, really like it...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Could you give me some ideas on the real consumption (in city, on the highway, normal road)?
in-gear speed? 60-100km/h and 80-120km/h in 4th gear? I've understood that is close to top performers (BMW 320d, Mondeo TDCi 130).
;)

·
Registered
71 Posts

Originally posted by jps1974

In Germany (using the hatch as an example, the difference is the same for all body types):

1.8 MZR (120hp) Exclusive: 21400 €
2.0 MZR (141hp) Exclusive: 22950 €
2.0 MZR-CD (121hp) Exclusive: 23400 €
2.0 MZR-CD (136hp) Exclusive: 24400 €

There is also higher tax (paid once a year) for Diesel powered cars, I'm not sure how much higher though (it's around 300 € per year for the 136hp Diesel).[/b][/quote]

I'm seriously angry! :(
Here in Latvia we have ability to buy only 120hp diesel.
Besides the prices of diesel is calculated extremely simly - choose 2.0 (141hp);
choose extras and ADD 2'000 Ls (>3'000€). The difference is >3'000€!!! It's totally
insane. I calculated that with driving 100'000 in 3 years it's not possible to gain that
difference on less fuel consumption even compared with 2.3 consumption and price!!!
Whatever. I already have my 2.3. But I would like to pay dome 1000€ extra and get
136hp diesel.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts