Mazda 6 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
just have a quick question.

lets say that you bring your car to dealer A and voided your warranty because of aftermarket parts.

can you go to a different dealer and have them check your car? ofcourse reverse back to original parts
Will dealer A notify all mazda service dept that your warranty has been voided?[/b]

I think all mazda would know of it because from my experience all of the maintenance that they log goes along with your vehicles VIN number... I went to one dealership and they were able to pull up every maintanence aspect from my car from other dealerships i went to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd like to see a copy of some of the warranties. I was under the impression that there was some sort of law that prohibited restricting you to only taking your vehicle to a dealer. I have no sources or backing to that statement - it's just something I generally believed. IF that is the case, taking your vehicle to a 3rd party, non-dealer, insist that they use OEM parts, and get it serviced there (if possible) would lead to a mechanic who would be less like to say "that's not under warranty because of mods" and one who would be more inclined to truly consider if it was/should be covered work. It would be in their interest to get the additional business, typically.

I know for sure that extended warranties can be serviced by any shop.

I'm probably wrong as I'm fact checking a little, the FTC references: "Consult the manufacturer's warranty booklet for details as to warranty coverage, service location, etc." implying that the warranty contract might restrict the "where" you can get service.

From the FTC: "Or, you may be required to return the vehicle to the selling dealer for service." It's still worth reading and investigating because of what I mentioned above. If you can get 3rd party work done - they certainly won't record it in the dealer's computer system. :)

Interesting other research: "Unless repairs are required as a result of abuse, negligence or collision, a retail automobile dealer in Illinois is liable for a portion of the cost of repairs on power train components for 30 days from the date of delivery. For cars up to two years old, the dealer is liable for 50 percent of the cost of repairs, cars over two years old but fewer than three years old carry a 25 percent liability to the dealer and cars between three and four years old require 10 percent coverage by the dealer. Cars older than four years are not covered."
Check your STATE laws - you might have additional protection, as my state represents.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Reading this thread really makes me appreciate my dealer. God Bless Tumminia Mazda and their amazing service!! They are 100% (or at least have thus far) about the customer and doing what is right. I take mine in with my CAI and the free mods laying around these forums and they gave me 0 grief. One of them even complemented me saying I must really love my car I take good care of it and really try to get the most out of it where I can.

:drive:

·
Registered
1 Posts
okay so i have read the first page only on this thred. i have a situation that i need an answer for. i have a aftermarket K&N cool air intake that i intalled around 2 years ago. i now have to take my car in for warrenty repair. however the repair does not relate to the intake (interior engine noise, really bad tick). would they void my warrenty because i have the intake on? usually i would just put the stock pieces back on but i moved recently and some of the pieces i cannot find. some one please help. do you think i can take it in and get it covered under warrenty repair or will i get screwed?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey just felt that needed to tell everyone what happen to me with my new car so that you make sure it doesnt happen to you. Here it goes i bought a new 2009 Mazda6 which had a dealer alarm installed to protect it when it was parked at the dealer. I decided not to buy the alarm beacuse it was almost $1000, so they disconnect the alarm(not all the way they just cut a wire). Getting out of work i stop by the Supermarket. When trying to turn on my car by pushing the push start botton, my car wounldnt turn on, so they towed my car to the Mazda Dealer in Alhambra Ca, and they said that my car had a aftermarket alarm andthat for them to check my car i was going to pay if it turn out to be that so i called my dealer and they said that they had to call there alarm company to take a look at my car and to tell the deak not to touch my car. The next day the alarm company came and took the system completelly out and Alhambra mazda said it had to do with the alarm so i had to pay out of my own pocket and wait about a month to get my money back. This Blows the car had less then 600 miles and all this happen made me cry and mad but the point is if you bought a new car that had a dealer alarm on it have them remove it because any other dealer will consider your car with a aftermarket alarm and you will have to deal with all this. Please avoid this and go back to your dealer to take it off(if you didnt pay for it and if you did well they will consider that your car has an aftermarket part and your warranty will be voided an anything that has to do with an electronic parts on your car. Oh and i bought my car in Browning Mazda in Cerritos CA

·
Registered
1 Posts
Babington style waste oil heater pumps

The cam gear pump works fine for filtered WVO or used motor oil Babington heaters and I have installed it on my Babington style heaters. Ldu Company's stock number is 450516 , The only thing about the cam gear pump is that the fire kind of pulses as the cam gear rotates. If you use the spur gear pump that is LDU's stock number 450512 then you get a steady non-pulsing fire. The WVO pump website is Wholesale Tools With Free Shipping World Wide From China Distributor or you can click through to the tools section from the home page at www.LDUcompany.com

LDU Company also has other parts that I use for building my waste oil burners, like gear reduction motors. I find it best to turn the pump slower because you really don't need a whole lot of oil dripping on the atomizer ball.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your warranty won't be void as long as you don't tamper with the engine or major parts of the car. So if you want to add a turbo or intake, that will void your warranty but if its something like air filter, exhaust, or tint you should be fine.

I recently just bought a new 2010 mazda 6 MT and I got it for invoice price. Why are dealership selling the car at such a low price, are the new mazdas 6 unreliable?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Modifying your car has been a popular pastime for many years. By modifying your car you are able to put your own unique personal touches on the vehicle to make it stand out from the rest but modifications to your car may affect the warranty. It will also make your insurance premiums higher. You also have to be aware that some engine modifications can violate regulations and emission laws.

but i think cheap and simple modification will not void your car's warranty in any way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In this case, I'm glad I waited until after my warranty ran out before I even thought of looking up mods to my vehicle (07 Mazda 6,5 door hatch)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am about to end on the extended warranty but I have gotten my money out of the investment I put into the warranty. All I can say is if the dealer tells you something is wrong with your car check your extended warranty. Chances are its covered if you got a good coverage plan when you bought your car.

81 - 100 of 149 Posts