Mazda 6 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Gruss@Oct 16 2003, 12:38 PM
I didnt say I had the answers, but you hit the nail on the head...the idiots ruined it for the rest of us, and there are a lot of them out there.  Its only going to get worse.  so what can I do?  Well I can be honest, if you want to "trick" your dealer go ahead, your throwing fuel on the fire...I'm not going to do that.  I've had shops that tried to deny warranty work because of what "other" people have done, I refuse to be one of "those" ppl, and I dont go to those shops anymore.
[snapback]144460[/snapback]​

i heard that as long as you get the work done at the dealership, its still under warranty. i'm assuming its because they want to make sure that the work is done right because thats also another factor in the car working properly. sometimes its not the aftermarket part that f's up the car, its the guy who installed it wrong.

i'm looking to throw a few things under the hood at a dealership near my school, so i'll get back to you when i hear from them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Originally posted by xxxxdisasterx@Nov 12 2005, 12:48 PM
i heard that as long as you get the work done at the dealership, its still under warranty. i'm assuming its because they want to make sure that the work is done right because thats also another factor in the car working properly. sometimes its not the aftermarket part that f's up the car, its the guy who installed it wrong.

i'm looking to throw a few things under the hood at a dealership near my school, so i'll get back to you when i hear from them.
[snapback]555941[/snapback]​

good news for all of us, btw, please set up ur profile to display your rough location. or anywho, where you located?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Im sorry to hear all the troubles some of you are geting from the dealership. That is fucking bullshit. Before I bought my 6 I had a 02 Protege 5. had CAI, exhaust, new headers. Ended up blowing my transmission like 10,000km over my warranty. my dealership was cool though and gave me a rental car for the 2 days free and because it was out of warranty they couldnt replace the transmission for free but they went half way on it which I thought was very nice. All of you that are haveing problems should just go try another dealership. my dealership will even order in aftermarket stuff if u want.

H

·
0 Posts
Hey i am a new mazda 6 owner. i own the 2006 2.3l sport. I would like to know that if i changed my mufflers would that void my warranty? i asked the dealer he said yes. i want to know if it says that in any of the agreements that are ont he warranty. I also wanna know if changing my air filter will void the warranty. Thank you

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hey i am a new mazda 6 owner. i own the 2006 2.3l sport. I would like to know that if i changed my mufflers would that void my warranty? i asked the dealer he said yes. i want to know if it says that in any of the agreements that are ont he warranty. I also wanna know if changing my air filter will void the warranty. Thank you
[/b]

Read the topic from the begining and it should answer any questions you'll have. Mufflers won't void the warranty in any way, shape, or form. Go over the Mag-Moss act and you'll know what you can do to your car and what a dealership can do to you for modding your car.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
The problem with sentences like "Yes, it will void your warranty" is that there is no such thing as a single catch all warranty.

The warranty on your car is quite detailed if you check your warranty booklet - powertrain, body, safety restraints, electronics, transmission, rust, etc.

You can't void all of those items with one single part, but you do stand the chance of voiding a particular part of the warranty.

For example, if you decide to upgrade your speakers and amp, and your radio croaks, there is a strong chance your warranty will be voided on the radio should it break. Some people don't care and know what they're doing and upgrade anyways because its not likely a sub and speakers are going to foul up the radio so its a calculated risk.

Now if you transmission blows, then it should still be covered under warranty since it has nothing to do with your radio.

My take on it is, if you go aftermarket with something, if you're afraid of warranty issues don't do it. If you've fully accepted the POSSIBILITY that your warranty will be voided in that area, and are comfortable dealing with the consequences, go for it.

Try and think of it as being fair to both the manufacturer and yourself. There are legitimate cases when an aftermarket part can cause manufacturer parts to fail, which they should not be liable for.

Changing an air filter and new mufflers should NOT be a cause for concern if you do it properly.

I

·
0 Posts
It's my first post here, but I am a proud new owner of a Tungsten Gray Mazda6s Sport. Right at 600 miles on the odometer now and I can honestly say that I'm simply thrilled with it. The 3.0L is a spunky little engine, the ride is smooth, cabin noise is virtually nonexistent, all in all a beautiful piece of engineering. Now that I'm through gushing...and before you ask, yes, I AM a kid. 18 years old, from Louisiana. For the most part I break stereotypes, but I WOULD like to improve the system in the car. I've got two Audiobahn 12's on the way with two amps and some Infinity Kappa door speakers. I know a guy at the local store and he hooked me up, so it's not to late to cancel my order.

The general idea I'm getting is that I should get in touch with my dealership that I purchased the car from. That's where I'll either be screwed or safe it sounds like. Obviously the warranty is important and not something that I would like to lose.

On the other end of the spectrum, a CAI and exhaust system. Obviously I would have to take the same approach there in contacting the dealer, but I'm especially curious about the exhaust note. Basically is an exhaust system going to make my car sound like those obnoxious Civics? If that's the case there's always ways to get a more freely flowing exhaust that actually dampens the noise, which would be an appealing alternative.

Thanks for your input guys!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I won't name the dealership for denying warranty work. It was Mazda North american Operations that denied my warranty.
I will however name the dealership that gave me such a hard time, ignored my requests for a conference, never returned a phone call, is currently trying to rake me over the coals on a new car purchase....Trussville Mazda in B'ham, AL. The same dealership everyone uses to order their parts and accessories from. I know for a fact that the new 6i's are selling for right around invoice, then carry a rebate. The general manager of the dealership offered me a program 6i without the options I wanted and 4500miles (!!!) for $127 OVER invoice. I almost threw up. I could get a brand new car with 0 miles and every option I wanted for $1100 less than what he offered me. I love Mazda cars, just wish I could buy them from the Ford dealer!
[/b]
I had just recently baught a 2003 Mazda 6, under 19k miles at a ford dealership. the dealer is a friend of the family. i currently have the mazda warranty (5 yrs, blah blah) and ford's powertrain warranty :nana: (sorry) hehehe

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I wanted to add a remote start to my 2006 MZ6i. The dealer told me adding an aftermarket remote start would void my warranty if I had any problems down the road. There was also a problem due to the fact the key and remote are all one unit. They offered the integrated remote start with the key remote for $828. The other one (with a separate remote for starting and the key/remote combo for running the car) was $595. I said no to both cases, because 800 is too much and I don't wanna carry 2 remotes, which was my purpose in the first place for going to the dealer vs. an aftermarket source such as Best Buy. :swearin:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Turbo Matty.
I have a golden rule for Modifications.
Always revert back to original equipment when taking it for a warranty claim.
[/b]
WORD OF ADVICE from the DEALER THEMSELVES!!!

Matty is 100% correct.

The parts department/sales/manager all told me the same thing. "We know you are going to hook up your car," and I didn't deny either, "If something goes wrong change the car back to stock and we can do very little about it. We can see evidence of wires cut, exhausts hacked, intakes installed, but it's hard to prove it when it's not there. It is our word against yours, just change it back when you come in for all warranty related matters."

Those were pretty much their exact words in a nutshell. And another word of advice, do your freakin research before you mod your car. Ask people who have done it already, see if they had problems, go on the forums and ask people likr Mr. Tea.

Goodluck

Killa
-Tom

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey guys. Couldnt think of any other place to post this, and it seems as good a place as any. so Heads Up that the MazdaUSA Webstore now has a listing for MazdaSpeed Intake and Exhaust (to add to the other things they had; short shifter, rims, etc). Dont know if anyone has checked them out or tried them, but the warranty listing on them looks to help alleviate some of the problems. they are both listed as Green parts, which are describes as follows:
"MAZDASPEED "Green" Performance Accessories must be specifically approved by Mazda for their particular application. These parts are warranted for the first 12-months/12,000 miles from the date of purchase, excluding labor."
They have them for the 2.3 and 3.0 (only checked the '05 models sincs thats what i have; feel free to check yourselves).

anyway, if anyone does happen to give these parts a try, let us (and me specificly please) know about it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey guys. Couldnt think of any other place to post this, and it seems as good a place as any. so Heads Up that the MazdaUSA Webstore now has a listing for MazdaSpeed Intake and Exhaust (to add to the other things they had; short shifter, rims, etc). Dont know if anyone has checked them out or tried them, but the warranty listing on them looks to help alleviate some of the problems. they are both listed as Green parts, which are describes as follows:
"MAZDASPEED "Green" Performance Accessories must be specifically approved by Mazda for their particular application. These parts are warranted for the first 12-months/12,000 miles from the date of purchase, excluding labor."
They have them for the 2.3 and 3.0 (only checked the '05 models sincs thats what i have; feel free to check yourselves).

anyway, if anyone does happen to give these parts a try, let us (and me specificly please) know about it.
[/b]
That's all really old news. There has already been a GB for the mazdaspeed intake (revenant was running it). Also, Bagman was working on the mazdaspeed exhaust and a few people have it already. Regarding the other mazdaspeed parts, the sponsors on here sell them all the time.

S

·
0 Posts
Buddy.... Im from Australia... and the only mod that I have found that is available is a bolt on kit from:

http://www.turbo-kits.com/6_turbo_kits.html

as far as Modifications are concerned.... when I wrote to Mazda Australia, they replied with any modifications to the car that are not as per original specs would void any Warranty....

Bye the way this is the ONLY forum I have found for Mazda 6's and there are bugger all sites for them... so if anyone has some good site let me know....

Swampy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yep. My service dept guy today mentioned the same thing--he said "mazda puts up pics of mods/tuned cars, but then won't cover their OWN MAZDASPEED accessories under warranty."

I was asking him about installing the MZspeed CAI i just bought in the group buy, and he told me to do it myself, and switch it back before doing any warranty work. He said he'd had mazda deny warranty due to it's own mazda-brand aftermarket parts, so to be on the safe side do it all myself--which sucks because all my tools are locked up at my parent's house (i know, i know, i'm 34 and still use my dad's tools <sigh>...thankfully, my leatherman can pretty much fix anything around the house).

Same guy said he would deactivate the seat-belt "minder" alarm if he could figure out how--said he's never been able to figure out how even though he has the latest equipment/computers/etc. who knows. <sigh>

·
Registered
121 Posts
Did anyone read about car companies using the web to find out if people modded their cars and then used that information to void their warranties?

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is why if you can keep the OEM in case something happens just replace the MOD with the OEM. Of course this will only work with certain MODs.

·
Registered
321 Posts
just have a quick question.

lets say that you bring your car to dealer A and voided your warranty because of aftermarket parts.

can you go to a different dealer and have them check your car? ofcourse reverse back to original parts

Will dealer A notify all mazda service dept that your warranty has been voided?

61 - 80 of 149 Posts