Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thinking about the turbo protege-

The engine is a stock 2.0 without any bottom end reinforcements done to it. Basically they let Callaway slap on a turbo and intercooler to the plain jane 2.0 motor. That is exactly the reason I didn't buy one. At least Dodge built one heckuva lower end for the 2.4 Srt4s

If Mazda thought the motor/tranny could take more power they would've turned up the boost to more than the weak 6.5 psi and they wouldn't have used the ONE TIME use tamper proof intercooler hose clamps

They didn't warranty this vehicle because one reason, it had power adders. The extra power will put more stress on the vehicles mechanical parts than they were engineered to take. So why should a dealer have to do the repairs?

The fact that the head gasket blew is interesting though since that happens when
A. you overheat
B. the headbolts weren't torqued down enough i.e. 1987-92 mkiii supras

Car companies are going to extreme lengths these day's to make sure the customer isn't abusing their warranties. The Evo8 and Suburus guys had to learn the hard way when the companies started reading through the forums and busting people who talked about autocrossing and drag racing their cars.

Maybe this is why Mitsu won't turbo the Eclipse again? Or maybe they fear the dreaded crankwalk :yesnod:

Ryan

·
Registered
33 Posts
Originally posted by crossbow@Sep 30 2003, 05:43 PM
Did you know Mazda requires all dealers provide either a rental or loaner car if your vehicle is in for service?  Its not a dealer "bonus," its a manufacturer requirement.
[snapback]131263[/snapback]​
Is this written somewhere so if the dealer I go to plays dumb I can say well according to the blah blah blah...?? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Originally posted by cake96861@May 31 2005, 03:10 PM
Is this written somewhere so if the dealer I go to plays dumb I can say well according to the blah blah blah...?? Thanks.
[snapback]421304[/snapback]​
I copy the following straight from mazdausa website:

While we strive to make every Mazda service department waiting room as pleasant as possible, we’re aware that there's probably some place you’d rather be. That's why we created the Mazda Service Transportation Solution, where participating Mazda dealerships provide loaner cars at no charge to you while your vehicle is having warranty work performed.

Every 2001 - 2005 Mazda comes with the Mazda Service Transportation Solution for the duration of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Program is subject to dealer participation and availability; ask your dealer for complete details.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Originally posted by Jax6S@May 31 2005, 11:14 AM
I copy the following straight from mazdausa website:
[snapback]421309[/snapback]​
So am I assed out if the dealer doesnt participate in this? I dont think my car will be in there long term, the rear wiper doesnt move. But I was just curious for the future. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Even the dealership service dept. is willing to install sport springs, with a warranty. But it does affect your extedned warranty, if you got that.

Aloha

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Shouldn't do. If anything get a print out of all the codes they pull. Bring them here and post them/search for them on 6tech and find out just whats going on. its better to have the information on your side.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This is all very interesting. I wonder if there actually really is a serious problem with after market modders reverting changes for warranty inspections. By this I mean there are millions of cars, how many actually mod them, how many actually have problems and how many actually get them in for warranty repair under the warranty period?

Maybe it is maybe it isn't a problem The fact still stands, he was scammed big time and should stick it to em by doing the "information is power" thing by educating others on his story.

Being Canadian I was wondering if anyone has any information regarding the warranty debate with regards to Canadian law? Please post something if anyone has some news on the matter.

I've had my M6S for about 16 months now. I am not a mechanic, nor Vin Diesel in a parallel dream world. I do however appreciate what upgrades and enhancements mean and or claim. While I may not scientificaly understand how it does what it does, I do wish to see some things performed on my car. Somewhere it said that if your worried and dont know much about it don't do these things. I disagree with that in some context, I will still drive the vehcile no doubt, even take more driver triaining lessons. It should still be done with responsibility of the owner/driver.

If you want more power all the power to you. Do it. But be careful. Personally I am waiting for my warranty to expire before doing anything out of the ordinary and may not even go that far afterall. All I want is 440 HorsePower, is that so wrong? Thats my limit. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
what if the mod consists of genuine mazda parts?

I mean i'm looking into the 4 cyl and the cartridge filter is really buggin me. Would taking the parts from the 3 as shown on mazda6tech void? I mean yeah it's mazda parts but it's from a different car ?!?

Anyone know if that change could potentially harm the engine? I mean they put a canister filter on there for a reason right?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Originally posted by General Electric@Sep 9 2005, 11:25 AM
what if the mod consists of genuine mazda parts?

I mean i'm looking into the 4 cyl and the cartridge filter is really buggin me.  Would taking the parts from the 3 as shown on mazda6tech void?  I mean yeah it's mazda parts but it's from a different car ?!? 

Anyone know if that change could potentially harm the engine?  I mean they put a canister filter on there for a reason right?
[snapback]503903[/snapback]​
They could void it on the affected part if the conversion caused it to fail.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Originally posted by HsMjsty@Sep 1 2005, 12:09 PM
This is all very interesting.  I wonder if there actually really is a serious problem with after market modders reverting changes for warranty inspections.  By this I mean there are millions of cars, how many actually mod them, how many actually have problems and how many actually get them in for warranty repair under the warranty period?

Maybe it is maybe it isn't a problem  The fact still stands, he was scammed big time and should stick it to em by doing the "information is power" thing by educating others on his story.

Being Canadian I was wondering if anyone has any information regarding the warranty debate with regards to Canadian law?  Please post something if anyone has some news on the matter.

I've had my M6S for about 16 months now.  I am not a mechanic, nor Vin Diesel in a parallel dream world.  I do however appreciate what upgrades and enhancements mean and or claim.  While I may not scientificaly understand how it does what it does, I do wish to see some things performed on my car.  Somewhere it said that if your worried and dont know much about it don't do these things.  I disagree with that in some context, I will still drive the vehcile no doubt, even take more driver triaining lessons.  It should still be done with responsibility of the owner/driver.

If you want more power all the power to you.  Do it.  But be careful.  Personally I am waiting for my warranty to expire before doing anything out of the ordinary and may not even go that far afterall.  All I want is 440 HorsePower, is that so wrong?  Thats my limit. :)
[snapback]497747[/snapback]​

I hope all the above didnt just mask my real question listed within... Being Canadian, I was wondering if anyone has any information regarding the warranty debate with regards to Canadian law? Please post something if anyone has some news on the matter.

Please

S

·
0 Posts
This is like reading Japanese for me. So If I add JUST a AEM CAI to my 6, will that affect the warranty? SHould the dealership put it in for me?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Originally posted by SirMauchy@Oct 24 2005, 06:48 PM
This is like reading Japanese for me.  So If I add JUST a AEM CAI to my 6, will that affect the warranty?  SHould the dealership put it in for me?
[snapback]541718[/snapback]​

i'm afraid it looks like theres not many answers with regards to this sort of topic. i too have been looking for some answers. heres the way i see it...

from what i've read here and elsewhere, you can do anything to your car. it is your car. however if what you do can be linked to a failure of some system that is, in writing and maybe not even, the dealership may choose to cover that failed system or not. there some horror stories out there.

the way it looks is kinda like if anything may be unclear, who has the power or more specifically "who reserves the right" to decide whether or not something is or isn't covered? (rhetorical)

Like was told to some other folks, and this applies to me as well, "if you dont know what it can do or not sure ya should, maybe you shouldnt do it". i have since now accepted the fact that, for the so far minor changes i plan to implement that may be covered under some warranty, to simply ignore the worry of the fix and if the dealer has a problem with it, fine, it is my car i will take the responsibility for what comes of it and not cry if it doesnt work out to my advantage. (run on sentance eh, heh) that is a risk i have now decided to take, no offense to anyone else of course.

i am not a mechanic, but i do like to take some pride in my ride and make it a little less mass assembly and more unique to some extent.

now with all things accounted for, i still do reserve the right to cry if i fuck it up some how, its my party sort of. :angel: :biggun:

41 - 60 of 149 Posts