Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from an appt with my knee doctor... MRI came back showed i have no cartilage in my left knee (same thing he said 5 years ago) but its worse now, its not gonna get better... it bothers me on stairs, walking, driving...

told him i drive 5speed, before i even finished the sentence he said "you have to get rid of that"

im fucking gutted... :(

i work with my wife so for now i'm gonna teach her to drive 5spd and have her do the daily and maybe i can keep the car for booting about weekends or whatnot...

thing that sucks the most is all my money is going into a downpayment for a house... i am broke for another 12 months so i cant even afford payments...meaning if i have to get a car, i may have to get one for whatever i get for the 6... UNDER 20 GRAND!!!

what the hell kind of decent car can you get for under 20g :(

i need a beer

·
Registered
440 Posts
Aww man, that sucks dude.. sorry to hear that. You can get a slightly used corolla automatic for under 20K... ya I know I know, but hey it's reliable, will definitely get you from A to B.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

I got my 6 for under 20k, so I'm sure you'll find something nice [a 3 maybe or a nice used car].

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
While that would be much easy than going from ATX to MTX, it will still be expensive.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that man, oddly as it may seem whenever I go do something and have a chance of breaking something I always think to myself, what am I gonna do if I can't drive stick anymore!?

But if u dare venture out of the Mazda crew, get yourself a new VW GTI.

It has the DSG gearbox with the paddle shifters, it's the closet as auto gets to driving a manual, if I were to ever get auto... that would be it.

Least find some time to Test drive one, don't know how much they go for, but used u could probably find a good deal, specially now trying to clear out the 06's.

·
Registered
635 Posts
sorry to hear that balhar .... I am sure you can find another 6 for under 20g ... I bought mine fully loaded for 21g ....

btw guys he just said that he doesnt have enough money :p to afford a car over 20g ...

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Which foot is bothering you?

How about modifying the pedals?
A professional driver Alexander Zanardi has problem with his left foot and BMW Motorsport specially designed and relocate a pedal set for him so that he can perform as good as a normal person.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
This isn't good news....you have email....

But like i said in it...I secretly was hoping for good news.....this is really unfortunate....

the worst part is...we (my wife and I) can't give you best wishes and get well soon....because its permanent damage....:(

this is really terrible news...I don't know what to tell you to be honest....all I tell you is my heart sank into my stomach reading this...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Which foot is bothering you?

How about modifying the pedals?
A professional driver Alexander Zanardi has problem with his left foot and BWM Motorsport specially designed and relocate a pedal set for him so that he can perform as good as a normal person.
[/b]
Zanardi lost both his legs in a crash at Lausterring, Germany ....

I dont think I realize how severe balhar's condition is, what is a cartilage ?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Sorry to hear about it man. But if you have to replace your car, there are some nice used cars you can get for 20k and under. Can just go to autotrader.com and select year, body style and price range and see what comes up.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Zanardi lost both his legs in a crash at Lausterring, Germany ....

I dont think I realize how severe balhar's condition is, what is a cartilage ?
[/b]

Think of cartilage as the bushing in you body's joints. Much the same as the car has rubber bushing on all the suspension joints. Now if you remove the the bushing and have it metal on metal (Bone on bone) Then you basically remove your bodies ability to move smoothly and in worst case the joint will seize.

Bio people please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
428 Posts
sorry to hear Balhar. if you have to get rid of the car, I'm certain you'll find something nice to take its place.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Dag Balhar - you have my sympathies.

If you ever win the lottery, a friend of mine works here: http://www.victhom.com/index_en.htm

He'll build you a bionic knee...

As for your car - maybe we should trade! :p I have 104k on my 04 V6-GS AT

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hmm.. i have 104 on mine... 04 V6 GT MTX

oh and i fully intend to win the 30 mil tomorrow night, so i'll keep your friend in mind :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Sorry to hear about your knee. My grandfather had a similar condition that would degrade his joints. His shoulders were highly damaged and he had a titanium hip.

You could consider getting a cable operated clutch and locate the control on the shifter. Then you can run the clutch with your right hand while shifting.

If you enjoy driving a manual transmission, find a way to avoid the dreaded automatic!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hmm

http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.asp...mp;adid=5707034

2000 JAGUAR XJR SUPERCHARGED V8

Price $18,900.00
Mileage 98,500 km

close to 400hp... hmm...

mileage is 16 and 21 mpg though...

compared to 19 and 27 for the 6 i drive now...

or i could get a 2000 VDP, non-supercharged version...
17 and 24 mpg, 290hp

http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details.asp?mk...gory=&CAT=1

or a 2001 540i
http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.asp...mp;adid=5114458

282hp, 18 and 24mpg

if it gets to the point that i have to get an auto, i'm not going for a small car... im gonna get a car where i wouldnt really care "as much" if it was auto or not...

i dont think i'll go for a car thats an auto trying to be a manual cuz it'll never be the same

1 - 20 of 22 Posts