Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if in the CAI development, you guys temperature test the area around or in the intake to get an idea how much cooler the air is than with the stock setup, especially after running the car for a while....just curious.....thanks for the insight

·
Registered
577 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Do you guys temperature test the CAI?'

Due to time constraints, our first intake out on the market, Stage 1, will be a short ram style intake. Also, because we didnt have much time, we did not create a heat shield for it (although we dont feel it would have made much of a difference anyways). Stage 2 will be a true cold air intake. We wont be able to do the Stage 2 until we have another week to completely set aside for the added work of running the pipe down to a fender or bumper.

We also did not have time to test the prototype intake setup for IAT readings... Once we get a production piece in our hands and install it on the MAzda6, then we will test the IAT readings and report that on our website.

There is a possibility we will make a heat shield for Stage 1 that will look very nice, but that wont happen for a few months.

The test car goes to the dyno on Wednesday morning and gets picked up by the owner on Thursday. After several months go by, hopefully the owner will let us use the car again for the Stage 2 (CAI) intake development. If it was my car, I wouldnt want to be without it for weeks upon weeks!!! hehhehehehe

Nikolas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts