Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. I'm having a problem. The car is too low. Especially in the rear, it's as high as I can adjust it, but its really damn low. The front is fine. What should I do?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, no, the rear has always been low. The used to be even lower and I had it raised, but now the wheel is slightly tucked under the fender. I just hate how I can't park in steep driveways w/o bottoming out.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I think you need to lower the front and that will solve your problem of being to low in the rear. That is if there were always to low to begin with. Remember the whole point of coilovers is to adjust the height of the car to balance out the weight distribution.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rear is as high as it can go... I can't lower it anymore, I already bottom out from potholes in New York City and crack my transmission. 3 grand down the drain.

·
Registered
922 Posts
The rear is as high as it can go... I can't lower it anymore, I already bottom out from potholes in New York City and crack my transmission. 3 grand down the drain.
[/b]

dude a fukkin lifted F250 would bottom out in those NYC caverns, aka potholes.. they still tearing up the BQE over by Jackson Heights in Queens... that used to be the worst.. i ruined a perfect Racing Hart C5 3-piece back in the day. (yeh the 600 dollar/ wheel ones)

i don't know if you auto-x, but try a spring/koni setup in the rear.... you will lose adjustment obviously, but your goal to raise the rear will be accomplished..

oh yeh cracked tranny in a FWD probably means you need to adjust the front too...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Hawaiian Eagle. I'm going to be sending my car to Hawaii pretty soon. Well not that soon, maybe in a year or two.

Well I'm going from 17's to 18's in a week, I wonder if that will help raise the car a bit.
These potholes also took out my RO_JA wheel. It cracked a forged rim, unbelievable... That's why I'm going to 18's. I'm going to see how the car look w/ the 18's and then I'll make adjustments from there.

·
Registered
922 Posts
just check the overall diameter with the tires mounted.... sometimes 18's will mean less rubber to absorb the shock... not always the best choice... what sidewall rating do you have on the 17's vs. the 18's you will be getting? there's some SERIOUS tire guru's on this forums... hopefully they will chime in and give you a better opinion...

just FYI i have 18's with 40 series sidewalls and they get around Hawaii great..., much better roads than NYC... by FAR!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts