Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

Apart from different feature sets and the right/left side driving differences, do the GJ models all feature the same side mirrors? And are they featured in other models, too? I was able to find plenty of videos and tutorials on other models and older and newer Mazdas 6s, but somehow not for the ones in the 2013-2016 range.

Thank you guys a lot!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 3, 5, 6 and CX series all have the same mirrors.
Wow, thank you for the quick response! I'm very newbie and have been reading up on it for the past day, since my father damaged his mirror (electronic mirror adjustment doesn't work anymore) in a small crash.
As I understand it, there was a redesign of the the side mirrors starting with the GL facelift. So I assume that only the GJ mirrors are the same, correct? Do I have to look for 3, 5, CX models from around that time (2013-1016?) for the same mirrors?

·
Registered
2014 Sport NAV - Jet Black Diesel MT6
962 Posts
The pre-facelift gen 3 has different mirrors from the facelift.

The housing is completely different shaped and so is the indicator.

The motor internally is identical on 2014-17 models and 2018-2021 models and can be bought separately.

·
Registered
2016 6
515 Posts
In order to replace the mirror housing or any components on the inside you’ll have to remove the mirror from the door. You’ll have to find the 2 screws holding the door panel in and remove them and then just pull off the door panel. Be careful as there are gonna be connectors still plugged in once the door is off. Then there should be a small white plastic cover towards the top of the door closer to the front. Remove it and you’ll see the wire that goes to the mirror and there should be 3 bolts or nuts holding on the mirror as well as a small plastic clip. Be careful to remember how the wiring for the mirror snakes around the window track as it’s quite difficult to maneuver the wiring once your putting it all back together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.