Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took the pictures of the drain and fill screws on the car for all do at home mechanics. :) Whoever did this please correct me if I have it wrong. The actual job is for tomorrow afternoon. THNX and hope it will help. They all appear to be 23mm wrench. The only one that will require an open wrench will be the drain on the MT as wannaSpeed mentioned here- http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...=61205&st=0

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
Just took the pictures of the drain and fill screws on the car for all do at home mechanics. :) Whoever did this please correct me if I have it wrong. The actual job is for tomorrow afternoon. THNX and hope it will help. They all appear to be 23mm wrench. The only one that will require an open wrench will be the drain on the MT as wannaSpeed mentioned here- http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...=61205&st=0
[/b]
Are you going to use the following...
MT90 -Transmission (Redline?)
75W-90 -Transfer Case(PTO) (which brand?)
75W-90 -Differential (which brand?)

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
How many total quarts?? thx....
[/b]

ChicagoKid

I think it was 2.6 Quarts of MT-90 for the transmission and 1.3 Quarts 75W-90
for the differential and 1.1 Quarts 75W-90 for the transfer case. But don't trust
my memory, it's in your owners manual.

Regards,

Rocket 6 :drive:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think your numbers are right. From what I saw it took little less then the manual said. Runs like a rocket now. :) The drain plug on the MT was a b...h to get out, and some plugs are 23mm some 15/16 WTF. I had some mess coming out of the rear differential.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Were they all easy to fill?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Are there crush washers on these drain / fill plugs?
Stupid question but I'd rather not have to make a run to the hardware store in the middle of everything.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are there crush washers on these drain / fill plugs?
Stupid question but I'd rather not have to make a run to the hardware store in the middle of everything.
[/b]
Yes they were. I went to a Audi dealer and got all of them free. Mazda is 50Miles away.

·
Registered
358 Posts
drain plug on the MT was a b...h to get out, and some plugs are 23mm some 15/16 WTF.[/b]
For those who have not done this yet...

Use a open wrench for the tranny drain plug. Socket WILL NOT fit b/c of the metal support beam/bar is right next to it.

Also... it's not 23mm on the Speed6, it's 24mm for BOTH fill & drain plug on the tranny.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Are they all the same size as the oil pan drain plug crush washer?
[/b]

They are much bigger.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
They are much bigger.[/b]
What size of crush washer did you ask for at the Audi dealer? I want to make sure I'm prepared and have the right ones before I take any plugs out. Thanks!

·
Registered
431 Posts
What size of crush washer did you ask for at the Audi dealer? I want to make sure I'm prepared and have the right ones before I take any plugs out. Thanks![/b]
Yeah... +1
What size? I work for a Lexus dealership and I am sure they have what I need.

·
Registered
207 Posts
How often should these be changed?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
How many miles are you'all doing it at?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Yeah... +1
What size? I work for a Lexus dealership and I am sure they have what I need.[/b]
Does anyone who's replaced the crushed washers know what size?

1 - 20 of 218 Posts