Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I want to share a cheap mod I did on my car. last week I was searching for a sunblind/sunchade for my new born baby (3 weeks old). I got 35% tint in rear but the baby still get tons of light in afternoon in the car. I was searching for sunblinds but all I found was cheap suction mount or too expensive ones. I found a tread on a forum about the Volkswagen Passat sunblind that is sell for very cheap ($10 US) and is very nice quality. Some people make it fit in many different cars. ex: Club4AG Forum Topics: DIY Rear Sun Shade for kids and car seats.

So I took measure and it fit Gen2 mazda6. I did the install very easy, I removed the big foam under the sunblind, took a thin pencil to mark where to install it, drill very small holes and screw everything. No glue, no double side tape. For the top "clips", you need to bend it a little bit in order to install them on the roof liner. It takes 10 mins to do. I installed it on the rear deck, just after the 3 seats clips for kids seats. Sorry for the blurry iPhone pictures.

·
Registered
811 Posts
i like that youre on Club 4ag

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hi guys, I want to share a cheap mod I did on my car. last week I was searching for a sunblind/sunchade for my new born baby (3 weeks old). I got 35% tint in rear but the baby still get tons of light in afternoon in the car. I was searching for sunblinds but all I found was cheap suction mount or too expensive ones. I found a tread on a forum about the Volkswagen Passat sunblind that is sell for very cheap ($10 US) and is very nice quality. Some people make it fit in many different cars. ex: Club4AG Forum Topics: DIY Rear Sun Shade for kids and car seats.

So I took measure and it fit Gen2 mazda6. I did the install very easy, I removed the big foam under the sunblind, took a thin pencil to mark where to install it, drill very small holes and screw everything. No glue, no double side tape. For the top "clips", you need to bend it a little bit in order to install them on the roof liner. It takes 10 mins to do. I installed it on the rear deck, just after the 3 seats clips for kids seats. Sorry for the blurry iPhone pictures.

Clean job bro! Looks awesome!

·
Registered
1 Posts
DrLove, great diy you got there! Gen2's are kinda rare here in the Philippines for reference if the item you got will fit in my Gen1 facelift (2007). Hope to hear from you. Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
So I would really love to know where you found this for 10 bux. I asked around and I cannot find it for less than 30 :(

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry for delay I dont come often on the forum. I bought it at my local VW dealer in Quebec, Canada My baby is now 17 months old and new baby is coming in march, this mod is very usefull and will be for years. I closed it down for winter qnd it looks very OEM OPEN OR CLOSED. My friends car got fugly blindscreen that doesnt stay (suctions cups) on the windows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts