Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Very cool, sometime when you get a chance throw the pics up, it'd be great to see. I've been emailing and inquiring to everyone about aftermarket parts, but just don't seem to be getting any help or pull around here. Wish corksport would step up again as they always do and help us out but if not I'm set with my car. Enough everyday but when I want to sport around it's definitely there.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
also, might be interested in some aftermarket leather shift knob. not looking to spend all that much, i really like the oem one but mine started chipping a bit and its annoying when i put my hands over it. also, a replacement from dealer is $200 ish. INSANE!

·
Administrator
8,494 Posts
You know I really don't know. Winter's coming around quick so I think a final interior / exterior detail before it's onset is needed. I have to get those reverse lights too, they're awesome! Other than that, I think maybe some rims come next summer, or at the very least some winter rubber for this year.
You mean THESE reverse lights?

:)

Any more thoughts on the winter rubber?

Oh, sorry to threadjack...

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
no idea on part number... does your car not having the lighted housing?

if not you may need to make something custom and cut into the mirrors.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes my car do have puddle lights.

I just wanted to make a custom set during winter and swap them next summer.
This way I would have an OEM set and a custom one.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I would be scare to do a hole in my mirror to make fit that big light.. I would see more 3 wide beam white LED so u just need to drill 3 little holes.

·
Registered
439 Posts
nice write up this helped a lot when i went to take them out of the mirror housing it felt like the lens was going to crack but i got it out easy after i found out how the 2 clips were. In about a week or so i will have all interior/license plate/reverse light and puddle light leds installed =)

·
Administrator
8,494 Posts
what kind of led bulbs did u use?
Check here. Type in NOLIMIT for the coupon code for another 15% off.

They are expensive, but well worth it IMO. They're still working well, none of the LEDs have failed, and the below-zero winter weather had no effect on them.

·
Registered
439 Posts
i just did this little project today and it was the biggest PITA prying the lens from the bulb holder! I had to use a razor blade to slice around the base of the lens to get it apart from the black plastic and after that it was cake these bulbs fit perfect and are really bright i used them for my interior lights too

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
i just did this little project today and it was the biggest PITA prying the lens from the bulb holder! I had to use a razor blade to slice around the base of the lens to get it apart from the black plastic and after that it was cake these
bulbs fit perfect and are really bright i used them for my interior lights too
guess mine was lucky. super easy to pry apart. :cool:

·
Registered
439 Posts
guess mine was lucky. super easy to pry apart. :cool:
damn sucks for me lol couldnt they have made it easy like it is to change the interior lights why do we even have to break off the damn lens in the first place is what i dont get. I tried changing my front turn signals the other day i thought it would be easy enough but of course not you have to go through the wheel well! :angry2:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I can use the same bulb required for the dome lights correct?? I have quite a few lights to puchase as I plan to replace almost everything with LEDs. ;)

·
Registered
667 Posts
I can use the same bulb required for the dome lights correct?? I have quite a few lights to puchase as I plan to replace almost everything with LEDs. ;)
Yup. They are the same.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts