Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aftermarket Mazda 6 navigation is a little bit bigger than other navigation. Generally speaking, the screen is 7 inch. As far as I know, few manufacturers in China can make such unit that supports the original LCD display above the airconditioner , please see the following picture.

First of all, use plastic knife to loosen the wind panel.

Start from each corner, try to pry the frame gently.

Second, after that, take out the wind frame away.

Third, remove the decoration bar around the stereo

Fourth, use screwdriver and take off the radio from the dashboard\

Fifth, install the bracket and connect all wires. The cable we provide is plug and play. Put the stereo back the the dashboard. And install the screws .

Sixth, install back all the frames and decoration bars.

If anybody have interest of car DVD , you can write to me for more info .

·
Registered
476 Posts
Will the TPMS will still work??? And the uper LCD screen too?? (without keeping the stock radio unit and put it in the trunk and plug it...like some people did) Do I need to put the e-brake to watch DVD?? It says that it support GPS software..but how to install it? If I need US and Canada maps. thanks a lot!!

Reactions: momojiaxi

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will the TPMS will still work??? And the uper LCD screen too?? (without keeping the stock radio unit and put it in the trunk and plug it...like some people did) Do I need to put the e-brake to watch DVD?? It says that it support GPS software..but how to install it? If I need US and Canada maps. thanks a lot!!
Drlove :

TPMS can not work well unless you buy an external TPMS box . original LCD can not be showed by the normal price MAZDA 6 DVD . But they can offer the device made by Fly audio , which original LCD can be showed .No , you do not need to put the e-brake to watch DVD ,CD .
Refering to the GPS map , they will send you a SD card with us & canada map inckuded . Why not go there for a look ?
good luck

·
Registered
476 Posts
thanks for the infos... SO the LCD is working but not the TPMS? DO it keep the trip cumputer or just the clock?

I need my tpms to work if I want to travel to USA this summer, Im from Canada and when I cross the border they check TPMS now..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can check your TPMS by the good DVD player

thanks for the infos... SO the LCD is working but not the TPMS? DO it keep the trip cumputer or just the clock?

I need my tpms to work if I want to travel to USA this summer, Im from Canada and when I cross the border they check TPMS now..
Hello Drlove ,
Sorry for repying you a bit late . Yes, if you really love you car and willing to pay more money on it, you can buy the mazda 6 DVD made by a famouse manufactuter in China . TPMS and original LCD can work perfectly ,why not to there for a look ?The price of this good device maybe a bit high m but it is negociable , try to get in touch with them .

www.car-gps-navigation

good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
antenna location

I am going to be purchasing this unit and wanted to know where the antenna is supposed to go. Do you have any pictures of that?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having issues on start up with this unit. Display shows main screen and the words "no card".

I've sent this message to them and currently waiting a reply. Unit was installed on a 2010 Canadian GT model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts