Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mazda 6 2009 2.5 sports luxury uk model. terrible mould smell when a/c is switched on. a/c clean mist and spray tried twice no benefit. I want to physically clean it after removing dash board etc. Any one knows the step by step instructions on removing the dash board and getting to the a/c evaporator core? Is there a danger of exploding the air bags in the process? Any help will be thankfully received.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Check your air filter behind your glove compartment too. If it has never been changed it might have an issue. Also, spray some freshener in the vents under your front seats(access from back seat) those are the vents which pull in air. I have only pulled the radio, so I can't help with the Dash. Good luck - Pete

·
Registered
923 Posts
Disconnect the battery and let the car sit for 10-15 minutes before disconnecting wires. This will ensure no airbag danger.

~Mike

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'll include the general instructions for removing the entire dash below. Not including every referenced section because that would be half the door, I think. Hopefully most of the steps will be self describing, but if you need more detail, I can include that section.

~Mike

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the following parts:
(1) Glove compartment (See 09-17-16 GLOVE COMPARTMENT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
(2) Dashboard undercover (See 09-17-19 DASHBOARD UNDER COVER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
(3) Front scuff plates (See 09-17-35 FRONT SCUFF PLATE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
(4) Front side trims (See 09-17-30 FRONT SIDE TRIM REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
(5) Upper panel (See 09-17-19 UPPER PANEL REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
(6) Decoration panel (See 09-17-28 DECORATION PANEL REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
(7) Shift knob (MTX) (See 05-16-1 MANUAL TRANSAXLE SHIFT MECHANISM LOCATION INDEX.)
(8) Shift panel (See 09-17-21 SHIFT PANEL REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
(9) Center panel lower (See 09-17-13 CENTER PANEL LOWER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
(10)Climate control unit (See 07-40A-21 CLIMATE CONTROL UNIT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [FULL-AUTO
AIR CONDITIONER].) (See 07-40B-17 CLIMATE CONTROL UNIT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [MANUAL
AIR CONDITIONER].)
(11)Rear console (See 09-17-22 REAR CONSOLE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
(12)Hood release lever (See 09-14-13 HOOD LATCH AND RELEASE LEVER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
(13)Lower panel (See 09-17-13 LOWER PANEL REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
(14)Driver-side air bag module (See 08-10-6 DRIVER-SIDE AIR BAG MODULE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
(15)Steering wheel (See 06-14-9 STEERING WHEEL AND COLUMN REMOVAL/INSTALUTION [WITHOUT
ADVANCED KEYLESS ENTRY AND PUSH BUTTON START SYSTEM].)(See 06-14-14 STEERING
WHEEL AND COLUMN REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [WITH ADVANCED KEYLESS ENTRY AND PUSH
BUTTON START SYSTEM].)
(16)Column cover (See 09-17-8 COLUMN COVER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
(17)Combination switch (See 09-18-25 COMBINATION SWITCH REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
(18)Meter hood (See 09-17-15 METER HOOD REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
(19)lnstrument cluster (See 09-22-4 INSTRUMENT CLUSTER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
(20)Center panel upper (See 09-17-11 CENTER PANEL UPPER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
(21)Audio unit (Vehicles with audio system) (See 09-20-4 AUDIO UNIT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
(22)Car-navigation unit (Vehicles with car-navigation system) (See 09-20-7 CAR-NAVIGATION UNIT
REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
(23)Steering shaft cover (See 06-14-9 STEERING WHEEL AND COLUMN REMOVAL/INSTALLATION
[WITHOUT ADVANCED KEYLESS ENTRY AND PUSH BUTTON START SYSTEM].)(See 06-14-14
STEERING WHEEL AND COLUMN REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [WITH ADVANCED KEYLESS ENTRY
AND PUSH BUTTON START SYSTEM].)
(24)Steering shaft (See 06-14-9 STEERING WHEEL AND COLUMN REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [WITHOUT
ADVANCED KEYLESS ENTRY AND PUSH BUTTON START SYSTEM].)(See 06-14-14 STEERING
WHEEL AND COLUMN REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [WITH ADVANCED KEYLESS ENTRY AND PUSH
BUTTON START SYSTEM].)
(25)Side panel (See 09-17-14 SIDE PANEL REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
(26)SIRIUS satellit radio unit (See 09-20-21 SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO UNIT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
(27)Passenger-side air bag module (See 08-10-8 PASSENGER-SIDE AIR BAG MODULE REMOVAL/
INSTALLATION.)
(28)A-pillar trims (See 09-17-29 A-PILLAR TRIM REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
3. Disconnect antenna feeder No.1 clip from the A-pillar inner panel.
4. Disconnect the washer hose (See 09-19-8 WINDSHIELD WASHER HOSE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
5. Disconnect the dashboard wiring harness connectors.
6. Remove the caps, remove bolt D, E and nut F.
7. Raise the back side of the dashboard rotate it in the direction of the arrow shown in the figure.
n
8. Take the dashboard out through the opened driver's door.
9. Install in the reverse order of removal.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts