Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so want l.e.d reflectors and don't want to pay up the ass or wait on shipping like me????? Then take a look at this. It's a very easy mod to do and can be done for 5-10 bucks depending on the price of L.E.D's u get....

I only have one pic of half way done and roughed in but it should be enough to get the idea so here we go.

Start by getting some L.E.D strips (waterproof like mine i would suggest)Then take out your reflectors..Next (i used a dremmel) cut out the back as seen below to the size or bigger of your light bars.....Then cut the led to size and seal the cut end with silicon....Next ram jam it in their tight with some shims from the plastic that was cut out...

Then to seal the back i used a bunch of Thermoplastic,Elastomeric sealant to seal it all up...silicon would be sufficient....

Now since i have a hatch theirs rubber grommets in spare wheel well to run the wires through just pokeem through and dab that up too....And from here its all up to you on how you want to wire them up ie: running lights,brakes or signals.....I did running lights

Hope this will help some and help save some money for more mods:D

·
Registered
74 Posts
DIY: Make Your Own L.e.d Rear Reflectors

That looks sweet man! Will probably do this too! Always wanted to get led reflectors but they cost a bomb in the uk!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: justsomeguy

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hmm, looks simple enough. Not sure if I want to waste the time considering I might trade my 6 in for a 2014. Nice write up though!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Im contemplating doing this but ive nightshaded my reflectors and not sure if it will shine through. Only way to find out is try i guess. Worst case, i gotta remove the nightshade.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hell I ordered myself a set of 2 dollar strips 30 cm long.
Worst comes to worst you have a set of red LED strips to spare or to sell!

Sent from the Desert using Psychic Abilities

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
DIY: Make Your Own L.e.d Rear Reflectors

I got free shipping oddly enough!
But you are welcome lol

Sent from the Desert using Psychic Abilities
Ahhh there lies my problem. I didnt sign in to ebay just viewed the item. Indeed it is free shipping.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
1 - 20 of 51 Posts