Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the Autoexe hood shocks for the 6 last week. install was perfect as anything is Autoexe. i took some photos of the install for anyone looking to purchase them.

bye by hood prop... :D

Bottom of the brackets that attaches to the hood hinge, has 3m tape to stick in place.

Remove the bottom bolt on the hood hinge, and place the bracket in between the hood and hinge.

The top bolt you do not have to remove all the way, jsut loosen it. And you slide the bracket in place, and tighten the top bolt.

The bracket that is placed on the fender, is pressed on the outer edge of the inside of the fender. It is not the easiest to get to. So you must assemble the bracket and the other part like this, and slide it into place. and tighten it down.

The metal above is almost razor sharp.. so be careful. its crazy how sharp those edges are. tighten the bolt to hold in place.

Remove the bolt for the fuse box

slide bracket in between the fender and fuse box

The final bolt on the driver side, has no thread.

So you take this metal piece with the threaded hole on the end..

And you slide it into the hole next to the open hole. And put the bolt through, and catch a thread with the metal piece provided like so.

Same thing with the driver side, you do with the passenger side.

The passenger side, already has a threaded hole for the bracket.

Slide the locks open on the top and bottom of the hood shock.

and place them in the knob..

Magic..

The install was pretty easy. The only thing I messed on was putting the brackets on the fenders. I missed that step, and had to go back, and I dropped the bracket in the fender a few times. AS always AE instructions are in Japanese, so I blame that for missing that step...lol

Autoexe parts purchased at Mazmart.com - they are the only authorized Autoexe dealer in the US!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Great idea but I'm wondering how easy it is to find replacement lift cartridges, as they all go bad eventually.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great idea but I'm wondering how easy it is to find replacement lift cartridges, as they all go bad eventually.
even when i had my 1992 mazda 929, the OEM ones still worked. Up until a year after owning it they stopped working. They have a pretty long life span naturally. But I dont believe they sell the cartridges seperate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts