Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. First thing to do is to take off your front bumper. Take out all of the push pins on the bottom shield under the engine. Unscrew the top two bolts in the middle in front of the radiator.

2. Then run along the edges of the bumper and undo all the plastic tabs.

3. Remove bumper and place on top of cardboard. Trace the outline of your bumper so if you need to move it you can put it back in the same place again. Measure out how far you want the splitter to stick out. In my case I measured 4 in. from the bumper all the way around.

4. Cut out the cardboard shape. From here you can fiberglass this piece or you can cut it out of wood, or any stiff material.

5. Drill holes in the bottom front lip of your bumper and place it back onto your new wind splitter. Mark the hole with a sharpie or other marking device. drill the holes through the splitter and bolt the splitter onto the bumper. Make sure the holes line up decently and take the splitter back off.

6. Paint your new splitter any color that the rainbow holds. I chose Black.

7. Just reattach the splitter to the bumper and there you go. If your spiltter sticks out too much or you are gonna be driving at over 100 miles then you might wanna install support rods. A quick google search will explain.

Thats all here is a few pics. If you need anymore then post and ask I will be happy to help....

Attachments

·
Registered
811 Posts
Sticks out a bit far for ky tastes but nice work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Yeah that's what i thought too but in person it doesn't look so bad. Thanks again....

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
@deathb4love what material did you use to make yours? I was looking at maybe a plexi or a PVC board. I would do maybe a 2.5-3.5 4 does seem a tad long for me. IM guessing you used edging to cover up those hard corners and such.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Because racecar?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@deathb4love what material did you use to make yours? I was looking at maybe a plexi or a PVC board. I would do maybe a 2.5-3.5 4 does seem a tad long for me. IM guessing you used edging to cover up those hard corners and such.

Yeah I went to Lowe's, I'm sure u can go to home Depot or any place like that, and got the biggest length of plexiglass they had. It's and 1/8 of an inch think. I cut it with a Drexel, don't cut with jigsaw cause it will cracking the plexiglass because of the vibration. You could also use like an air saw or skil saw. I went to advance auto parts or any parts store, and bought the trim that goes along the edge of the door in black. With some patience I got it all on. I hope this answers all your questions. If nit feel free to ask or pm me.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
ya lowes works my mom is a senior manager i get the 10% discount.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anybody know any good websites I can go to, to get a lip kit for my 08 mazda 6i, I don't have a sports bumper on it but have been thinking about getting one so any advice, or suggestions are appreciated, thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts