Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I figured why not? I think its pinny worthy :) I love the lights, but I am biased! LOL

UPDATE 3/16/2012:
Where to get them? Well Potentialmotorsports is no longer up, here is where you can buy them as of 3/16/2012. If you find otherwise, please let me know.
CLICK THIS----> Mazda6 LED Tail Lights - F4D Lighting

Without further ado, here is the pdf of the instructions.
From Kevin, the guy who puts these things together here's a basic write up on how to wire up these PnP thingys...

-It is very easy to install. Please see the picture below.(The outer lights are 100% plug&play, the inner lights are also plug and paly but the wire harness need to be wired easily as in the picture. In fact, you can wire it up WITHOUT any cutting and splicing the stock wire harness of the car.You can insert the wire head into the stock plug and tape it tightly. I am intalling the lights now in my country without splicing a single wire.
-Please see the picture.
-In case of LED failure, you do not need to send the lamp back before you get a new one!!
-yes it is the same I think.
Pic 1: Plug for inner lamp

Pic 2: How to wire

Pic 3: How to wire

·
Registered
44 Posts
nice.... u have the bright brake lights also? like the reverse?

·
Registered
44 Posts
kool yeh thats what i mean. umm is it illegald to have leds in tail lights? what about headlights? if not what about colored leds in headlights?

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Tw1st3r @ Jun 11 2009, 01:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1571586
kool yeh thats what i mean. umm is it illegald to have leds in tail lights? what about headlights? if not what about colored leds in headlights?[/b]
Nope, I have been through 2 State emissions/saftey inspections and passed. Headlights are NOT leds. No car from my knowledge have LEDs as low beams. Sure you can have them as sidemarkers, like I have. I think the reason why LEDs are not used is because the LEDs does not dispurse enough to safely use them as headlights. Colored headlights is another topic altogether. You are talking about the various kelvins of light which HIDs have. But if you are looking for colored LEDs, I do not recommend that, because that just gives your local police cruizer to pull you over and give you a ticket for at least that...

I think, dependant on your local laws, colored headlights are reserved for only emergency vehicals.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Nice tails. I read an article about extremely high output HIDs a year or two back. They could (and one day probably will) be used as car headlights but they're so expensive that they're not practical right now.

I hope you got the yellow LED turn signals since you have the atomic banana yellow 6.

·
Registered
44 Posts
okay here is an example:
dodge charger

and another one

Is it okay to have anything like this?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
You can put anything you want in your headlights.....but if a cop decides it looks too blue or red you'll get a ticket. Furthermore many states specify only white and yellow/orange lights are allowed in the headlights, so you'd risk failing inspection, too.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (Tw1st3r @ Jun 11 2009, 02:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1571603
okay here is an example:
dodge charger

and another one

Is it okay to have anything like this?[/b]
@dwfer of course I have yellow signals, it matches the RPM LED sidmarkers! LOL

As for tw1st, that led assembly looks too much like a xmas tree, lol. LEDs to accent is fine, but that is too much. Looks tacky IMO.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (gtodd27 @ Jun 18 2009, 03:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1574356
Where did you purchase your LEDs from? those look pretty sweet! Thanks for the write-up.[/b]
Take a look at the group buy section. The recent one ended but I am sure you can still buy them if you really want them. OR you can wait for another group buy in a couple of months to save some cash.

FYI: The guys to look for are Justins6s and Potentialmotorsports

·
Registered
426 Posts
Great write-up, but can someone explain what a rear foglight is?

Is that when you have the two rings (inner and outer) when not braking?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Rear fog lights are useful in low visibility weather conditions such as dense fog, heavy rain, heavy snow, or smoke. They are a bright glowing orange color that allow cars behind you to see you with sufficient time to avoid a rear end collision.

They should not be used in good weather conditions. Rear fog lights are standard on BMWs sold in Germany. Rear fog lights are legal in the US and some other European manufacturers equip US vehicles with them.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yeah sounds like something illegal to have in Australia. Guess it doesn't apply to me then. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Car LED inner break lights

I have everything working except for my inner brake lights. I dont know where to connect the red wire. When I brake, only the outer lights light up not the inner.

I've connected BLACK with BLACK (Ground)
GREEN to BLUE (parking light)
RED/YELLOW to WHITE (reverse light)

Brake light??

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts