Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I actually just completed this HID conversion without removing the bumper or the wheel wells! I removed the air filter flexible intake hose, then the cover, and the Fuse Box cover.. Then removed the 2 10mm bolts holding the Fuse box in place. That gave me an extra precious inch or so to get my hand through to the H11 low beam bulb.
I will post some pics once I figure out how, maybe in another DIY thread... it was surprisingly simple and easy, and I do not know for the life of me why someone would tear apart their bumper, other than completely hiding the Ballasts (which i like to get to mine easy n case of problems)
I mounted my slim ballasts nicely along the frame, with industrial sticky backed velcro, (again, in case i have to remove later)
I hope this helps others!
The Kit I used was Kensun H11 - 55w 6000k, ordered through Amazon and I love the brightness and color! Still has a nice cutoff level, not blinding at all. reminds me of my Acura I had, Bright white with a slight hint of blue!

1) i removed the Air filter housin cover you see in pic and the Fusebox cover. The ballast is shown nicely tucked away as stated in post

2) a little Stock (left) vs new 55w 6000k HID (right)

3) the finish

4) and the new girl by my girls at work

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.