Mazda 6 Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
There?s a much easier way to get this done:

With both methods below a radio mod might be required:
(some radios required to do a L716 MOD http://www.gromaudio.com/docs/maz_L716_E.htm )

If you cannot afford this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mazda-Aux-cable-for-Mazda6-Mazda-3-car-audio-parts-SKMA16-21-3-5MM-/200906311985

You can do it yourself; just follow the link below

http://forum.mazda6club.com/electrical-lighting-audio/225354-diy-3-5mm-stereo-bose-system.html

addpinto
I think I read somewhere that using that pin connector aux cable doesn't work for 03-05, only for 06-08. Is that true? And if so is it because they have different radio units set up?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Yes, the units are slightly different. But as user addpinto mentioned above in post #39, supposedly there is a fix where you can get the 03-05 radio to act like an 06+ radio and use the pin connector aux. I might give this a try before I sell my grey wagon, figure an aux hookup is a nice selling point.

HU Modification (L716)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hooray!

Just did this to my 2003 mazda 6, with the cd changer.
Working great, but I have to insert the aux into the phone, and then press CD, otherwise the AUX and cd will sorta "battle it out" for the audio channel, and the sound will be messed up.

Great guide! Thanks a lot. Saved me a lot of money :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Cool, glad it helped someone else. The lack of AUX on this radio is so annoying. But it was a different era back in 2000 or so when they designed it.

I did nearly the same mod to my friend's Pontiac Montana, but since the CD unit had a pretty large ribbon cable connecting it to the amp board, I could add a DPST switch and interrupt the CD signal when AUX is needed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to 98se5speed for the original post very clear and the pictures are great. I attempted this mod yesterday and probably the hardest part was actually fitting my head unit back in the dash.

I went for the RCA method but with a female 3.5 on the other end.

My problem is now that my LG G4 does not interrupt the signal. I also tried with my mates Nexus 5 and same thing. I then tried my wifes Iphone 5s which does work but the CD also plays and it seems to play louder.

Today I will try a new cable and also a headphone booster that I found see if that works any better.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Hope it works out. I don't use this method any more, and only tried a total of 3 devices when I did. Motorola and iPhone were fine, Samsung was not.

I'm not sure if I read it here or on another thread, but someone said they had to start off with the CD player off (radio fully off or in tuner mode), start audio playing on their phone with it plugged in, then switch to CD. Something about the phone playing first made it the preferred source. Odd stuff. Good luck!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I did this MOD and it works great. Mine was a NON-BOSE Single CD stereo but this method did worked. Thanks for the guide
No problem, glad it's still helping people.

I have since upgraded my stereo to one from a 2006 vehicle, adding aux was just a matter of jumping a couple pins on the CD changer plug on back. Love it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great guide!

Just did it, works fine.
The only thing sound over AUX isn’t as loud as radio (FM transmitter), but sound quality is better.

Did on Mazda 6 2004 bose audio

41 - 49 of 49 Posts