Mazda 6 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi there TGNY,

I recently did the EGR mod together with the PCV and Spark Plugs replacement and the car runs great especially on the freeway but I noticed that when I slowly accelerate between 50-60 mph and rpm is about 2K I would get this slight jerk like I was shifting gear but I'm looking at my dash and I'm at 5th gear already (ATX).
Is there another gear like an overdrive or something aftre 5th gear or this is just normal.
Should I be worried about this?
I'm not a car mechanic but I'm a DIY kind of guy, just relying on forums.
Any possible reason I feel that jerk?

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
QUOTE (seigfredm @ Sep 8 2009, 07:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1599176
Hi there TGNY,

I recently did the EGR mod together with the PCV and Spark Plugs replacement and the car runs great especially on the freeway but I noticed that when I slowly accelerate between 50-60 mph and rpm is about 2K I would get this slight jerk like I was shifting gear but I'm looking at my dash and I'm at 5th gear already (ATX).
Is there another gear like an overdrive or something aftre 5th gear or this is just normal.
Should I be worried about this?
I'm not a car mechanic but I'm a DIY kind of guy, just relying on forums.
Any possible reason I feel that jerk?

Thanks,[/b]

im honestly not sure, but the EGR mod wouldnt have anything to do with shifting

·
Registered
248 Posts
QUOTE (The Great NY @ Sep 10 2009, 11:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1599761
im honestly not sure, but the EGR mod wouldnt have anything to do with shifting[/b]
I meant it felt like a slight jerk from shifting, or better yet a hick-up.
It happens when I'm on a slow acceleration.
I did not follow the tightening sequence for the IM though.
I'll redo that and maybe reset my ECU as well, see if it goes away.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
QUOTE (seigfredm @ Sep 10 2009, 01:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1599848
I meant it felt like a slight jerk from shifting, or better yet a hick-up.
It happens when I'm on a slow acceleration.
I did not follow the tightening sequence for the IM though.
I'll redo that and maybe reset my ECU as well, see if it goes away.[/b]
Any CEL's at the time?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nope no CEL's.

I opened it up again last weekend just to make sure I didn't pinch any wires and to check on the egr if it needed cleaning so I sprayed some seafoam Deepcreep inside to clean it. But that's after I used seafoam on the vacuum line and gas tank.
When I opened it up there's a little bit of oil on the IM seal, I hope that's normal or should it be really dry?

What I'm thinking is is it posible that there's too much flow since the hole on the egr is so much bigger than before, but the ECU tells the EGR when and how big the valve opens right? Since the EGR valve opens when it comes off idle and somehow the increase in flow messes it up... I don't know I'm not a car mechanic, just doing a little research.

And again it feels like a slight jerk or a split second stall when I'm slowly accelerating at about 1800-2000 rpm and nearing 50mph.
I don't feel it when I just park and rev it around 2000 rpm.

Thanks for replying

·
Registered
248 Posts
QUOTE (The Great NY @ Sep 22 2009, 11:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1602886
the egr has nothing to do with that issue unless, its not seated right or you have a vacumm leak.[/b]
I kind of thought about the leak so I ordered an EGR gasket but when I looked at the picture of the gasket at auotozone it looked like a piece of diamond shaped flat metal, I thought it would be that green rubber seal. Is that flat gasket actually for the EGR solenoid and not for the part that seals the tube and IM?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
QUOTE (seigfredm @ Sep 22 2009, 02:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1602906
I kind of thought about the leak so I ordered an EGR gasket but when I looked at the picture of the gasket at auotozone it looked like a piece of diamond shaped flat metal, I thought it would be that green rubber seal. Is that flat gasket actually for the EGR solenoid and not for the part that seals the tube and IM?

Thanks,[/b]
That goes on the other end of the pipe than the rubber seal, you can see it poking out if you look.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Problem

I did the EGR modification on my car and also changed the sparkplugs, installed a AEM CAI, Headers and a CatBack exhaust all at the same time. The problem is that after i've done all that, the car couldn't keep a constant speed anymore...could it be because of the EGR modification? or it's something else? and if it's something else...what could be the problem???

·
Registered
380 Posts
Did this mod a while back when I replaced coils and plugs. For a couple of months now I get the P2227 cel. Is the egr valve fried or can it be cleaned/fixed? Thanks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My only issue with this is that little connector with the red tab WILL NOT come off. the tab flew away somewhere and I can't get it out at all. Is there something to press.

·
Registered
380 Posts
For some time now the engine has had a shudder to it when accelerating in the 2k to 3k rpm range. I've replace the plugs, coils and everything is hooked up (vacuum lines..). Other than that the car runs fine. No cels, gas mileage hasn't changed. My car has 133k on it and now I'm thinking it may be the cats. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

81 - 100 of 136 Posts