Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Quick DIY.. or just an FYI of stuff.

Start from the passenger vent with a trim removal tool... Just wedge it in between the dash and trim piece and work your way to the left. It works better if you can pry close to the clip locations as shown.

The left piece has a hook on the left so don't pry it (it pops off on the right side and slides out to the right). You can grab the instrument cluster hood trim, pull that, and it will come out with the trim piece. The trick applies to the other side as well.

Here's a mostly disassembled dash...

And a more disassembled dash...

And for those that want to or know where to buy start button caps... here's the start button (Unplug the harness, squeeze the two clips on each side, then push it out towards you to remove)

Back of Touchscreen OEM radio

Back of Dual-Zone climate control

Attachments

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thanks - got any pics of under the center dash speaker/speaker cover?

also can you tag the back of the stereo with what connectors go in each/used for?
Err... Under the grille is a spot for a bose speaker and the navi antenna... underneath that is a giant hole for the headunit and wiring.

Here you go:

You're a beast. Did you install a new head unit? I'm in the market for a bigger and hopefully with Android play.
Yessir.

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
That's a good model. I got my wife a x3600bhs and it already does more than the stock head unit for our mazda and it is discontinued. She has a hatchback Nissan Versa. It is light years ahead of her stock.

If it weren't for knob control I would look for a head unit replacement.

Bye.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts