Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Find some wire, need at least 10 wires. Used 2 Ethernet cables since that's what I have on hand.
2. Find some crimp pins, used some High Density D-Sub pins for this one. Crimp 7 wires for signal.

3. Wiring guide for the Commander Control Switch below:

4. Plug into the rear of the commander switch like so:

5. Plug into the the rear of the stereo like so:

6: Used hot glue to fill and make a plug but almost impossible to remove without destroying:

Maybe some RTV next time.

Note: Wires 1E and 1R can be wired to switch power to avoid cutting but light will always be on. Wire 1G can just be grounded anywhere.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry, but what is this a mod or fix for? I may have missed something. Is there power off that switch or plug that could power and dim some interior LED lights?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This guide is for installing a Commander Switch to a 3rd Gen 6 that does not originally comes with one. Such as the Sport model and some international model. The switch is relatively easy to purchase but the wiring and connector almost never comes with it or is only one side. Looked for years...

It can be a fix or guide to tap into some lighting if wanted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This guide is for installing a Commander Switch to a 3rd Gen 6 that does not originally comes with one. Such as the Sport model and some international model. The switch is relatively easy to purchase but the wiring and connector almost never comes with it or is only one side. Looked for years...

It can be a fix or guide to tap into some lighting if wanted.
was confused because my 3rd gen 6 sport has the commander switch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
stingray91
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing