Mazda 6 Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts
Thats not how it works. There are no detents on the clutch at all.

Thats not how it works. There are no detents on the clutch at all.
I feel like I would know exactly how my clutch pedal works, given it has been doing the same thing for 8+ years, and it happens exactly the same way 100% of the time on god knows how many tens of thousands of times I have pressed that pedal with my foot over those years.

I feel like I would know exactly how my clutch pedal works
And youd be wrong, cause there are NO detents, therefore, if you THINK you feel one, SOMETHING is wrong. I drove mine for over 8 years and 60k miles and even had to replace the CMC and there was never a detent.

Great. You can keep saying the word detent all you want like that has anything to do with what I'm talking about. But the fact of the matter is what's happening is happening. I don't THINK I feel anything. It is happening. Obviously SOMETHING is wrong (DUH!). That's the whole reason for my post! But that DOES NOT automatically mean my master cylinder is dead. It isn't.

If anyone happens to come across the issue I described above and can't figure it out here's a thread that might explain your issue (it certainly did mine).

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.