Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for what ever reason, you want to remove the bumper on your shiny new 2014 Mazda 6. Heres the simple write up. So Easy

Remove Screws Here: (Pictures go with numbers :D )
1. Under Bumper there are two pop screws (use your head)
2. Behind 2 pop caps, there are's a screw
3. Under the bumper, two screws on each side behind the wheels
4. The rear side of the wheel has one screw midway up
5. Remove the two pop screws on both sides of the plastic guard inside the trunk using a small flat head. (Potentially Optional)
6. Remove the three screws behind each tail light on the main body and disconnect each bulb (3) or twist them out if easier. Some of the connectors are a pain.
7. Remove the Screw that the tail light was hiding.

That's all for the screws
NOW
8. (Wo)Man handle the snaps between the rear wheel and the tail lights. Its like 4 or 5 tabs.
9. (Wo)Man handle the mid body of the bumper off the holding brackets (3). You may want a friends help so your loose bumper side parts don't scratch your paint.

And now you're loose. Go to town.
I Plastidip'd my lower bumper fin black. Prob wasnt necessary to take the bumper off but I was bored and curious.

Pudding it BackON
Reverse Reverse.
MAKE SURE TO REVERSE STEP 9 PROPERLY AND GET THE 3 BODY TABS IN PLACE LIKE THEY SHOULD BE.
I got mine all back together and the trunk wouldnt close. Had to take it all apart again GAH!:mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
This Is too funny...I just put my HIDs in yesterday and took a bunch of pics for a how to take off the front bumper.just have to have time to post it. Nice write-up!

·
Registered
488 Posts
I installed my bumper, completely forgot about this post and snapped all new photos to make a DIY....

...FAIL

Bought an ebay pre-painted bumper. The paint's a bit off if you contrast the tow hook covers to the bumper. Kind of a bummer but I guess it's still better than a cracked bumper... and cheaper than going to a body shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts