Mazda 6 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Sorry thought there was a specific box for recieving the signal for the "non keyed" version of the igntion/windows/locks system.. I dont think all speed6s had this...? So i thought it was an extra part.

I was trying to assemble the entire locking window/door system and group it for someone looking for a nice upgrade, the fancy lock system was a nice selling point for me..

And because my wonderful dealer insisted on installing an extra(non integrated) alarm into the system, that already had one. i have several extra sensors and wires to weed through..

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Update...!!!

I fear I may have fried my BCM.. :(
I somehow missed this post while getting ready for finals. Any updates on your BCM issues? What happened???

On a side note, it looks like the font passenger harness part is NO LONGER AVAILABLE from Mazda. :confused: That said, anyone looking to complete my mod will need to find Speed6 harnesses on eBay or other sources.

For anyone STILL looking to complete this mod, I have spare wiring harnesses and many of the switches necessary to do the install. I even have a pre-made driver's harness for anyone interested. It's the harness I used to document this mod.

After nearly a year, my auto up/down rear windows are still working great. Every once in a while I have to re-initialize one of the passenger windows. I'm guessing it's a loose wire somewhere. My plan is to replace all the Scotch-Lock crimp connectors with proper soldered and heat-shrinked connections later this summer.

Justin

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Nah false alarm, thankfully. I still really want to do this but unfortunately my financial situation is not improving.
Just an FYI, I still have all the spare parts and pre-wired drivers side door harness for anyone interested in completing this mod themselves.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Just an FYI, I still have all the spare parts and pre-wired drivers side door harness for anyone interested in completing this mod themselves.

Oh!! I have been talking about this lately, as I got a speed6 driver door switch assembly, And I found a speed6 at a pick-n-pull in MA. What parts do you have exactly, what would still be needed, and how much do you want for them??

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
So if my MS6 front PS will not do click click when I hold it up so that I can control form the DS switch that means that the motor is likely the issue?

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
So if my MS6 front PS will not do click click when I hold it up so that I can control form the DS switch that means that the motor is likely the issue?
No it probably means you have to do it from the PS switch to "calibrate" the auto up/down. After that should work from the master switch

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great guide! I really want to incorporate this.

But... I have a 6s 2003. Do you know if anyone's tried this on a Gen1?

Thank you for your dedication!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Great guide! I really want to incorporate this.

But... I have a 6s 2003. Do you know if anyone's tried this on a Gen1?

Thank you for your dedication!
Thanks for the props. Needless to say I put a LOT of time and effort into performing as well as documenting this mod. My original 6 has a new owner, but the mod is still going strong after almost 4 years.

With that said, I'm almost 100% certain this mod WON'T work on a pre-2006 Gen1 car. These vehicles didn't have the auto up feature on either of the front windows, and I I believe the BCM (body control module) that allows the remote roll down feature from the unlock buttton and driver door lock cylinder is also different. Your results may vary, but I'm pretty confident my mod will only work on the 2006-2008 model years.

Justin

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Wow man EXTREMELY thorough! You're making a fairly complicated re-wire into a very easy to understand (at least for me) mod, and I am really looking forward to doing this, as this was one of my first "wishes" when I bought the car.. :) Keep up the fantastic work!
Did you ever get around to completing the window mod on your vehicle? I still have a bunch of spare parts....switches, motors, and even the spare completed driver's harness. If anyone is interested, give me a shout.

Justin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, I think the one thing I wish my car had is auto windows beyond driver's.

Oh well, I'll take her anyway!

Thanks,
bungs

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Did you ever get around to completing the window mod on your vehicle? I still have a bunch of spare parts....switches, motors, and even the spare completed driver's harness. If anyone is interested, give me a shout.

Justin
No, I was waiting to hear back about what you had left and what you wanted for it. Other things took precedence since, but I am still very interested!

·
Registered
4,995 Posts

Justin
So I now have the Main switch, both rear switches, *cut* wiring harnesses from all four ms6 doors, complete *uncut* wire harnesses from rear ms6 doors, both rear motors.

Would using the factory unmodified ms6 wire harnesses be direct plug-and-play? I'd much rather do that than cut and splice wires. I can probably pull one from a somewhat local yard if that's the case. Otherwise I think I am ready to finally get this done. @jhill1977 what exactly do you have left and how much do you want for each? Maybe somebody will be interested.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
If memory serves me right, the rear harnesses SHOULD be plug and play, but you'll likely need to still tap into the rear door lock grounds to feed the window motors. If you're intent on using the complete MS6 harnesses, I'd advice looking over the wiring diagrams for both vehicles and compare them side by side.

Props on finding a junkyard with a Speed6. The two closest junkyard to me in Billerica, MA don't have much for Mazda 6's, aside from several HEAVILY scavenged pre 06 Gen 1 models...(no thanks to me).

Justin

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Props on finding a junkyard with a Speed6. The two closest junkyard to me in Billerica, MA don't have much for Mazda 6's, aside from several HEAVILY scavenged pre 06 Gen 1 models...(no thanks to me).

Justin
I got most parts through public part-outs on facebook groups.

I'll check out that wiring diagram.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
If memory serves me right, the rear harnesses SHOULD be plug and play, but you'll likely need to still tap into the rear door lock grounds to feed the window motors. If you're intent on using the complete MS6 harnesses, I'd advice looking over the wiring diagrams for both vehicles and compare them side by side.
Justin,
I've hit a bit of an issue.. I have the driver door harness re-wired exactly as you have instructed (I did not use a ms6 harness here) but the ms6 master switch doesn't seem to power up.. no response from any window switch (mirror functions work however) and no red illumination. The front passenger window only works with its own switch and is illuminated.

Both rear harnesses are completely disconnected from the body. [After studying the diagrams and your wiring modifications, it seems as though only two pins in the doorjamb connector need to be relocated.. the ground is already combined with the lock's ground. I'm going to check this a third time, because it seems too easy lol.]

Any ideas @jhill1977?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Justin,
I've hit a bit of an issue.. I have the driver door harness re-wired exactly as you have instructed (I did not use a ms6 harness here) but the ms6 master switch doesn't seem to power up.. no response from any window switch (mirror functions work however) and no red illumination. The front passenger window only works with its own switch and is illuminated.

Both rear harnesses are completely disconnected from the body. [After studying the diagrams and your wiring modifications, it seems as though only two pins in the doorjamb connector need to be relocated.. the ground is already combined with the lock's ground. I'm going to check this a third time, because it seems too easy lol.]

Any ideas @jhill1977?
Hmm, I'm a bit perplexed on this one. Sadly, I sold my 06' that I did this mod on almost 3 years ago now, so I can't offer any advanced trouble-shooting. If it were me, I'd double check the wiring manuals between the regular 6 and the MS6. Perhaps a wire is loose or you have a bad splice somewhere. No power to the main driver switch leads me to believe it's not receiving power from the circuit feeding the master switch.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts