Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pull them straight out - They're only held in by little plastic clips (with Mazda logos on them oddly enough).

They will slide towards the inside of the car, not down towards the ground. Shouldn't take more than a little bit of force.
Am I still using a mini flathead?

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Shouldn't have to from what I remember. I'll double check when I get home, but you should only have to pull (or slide) the cover away from the door, while keeping it parallel to the ground.

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
@nounbot I'm sorry - there IS a small slit where you need to put a flathead screwdriver in - Use that spot to pull the clips away from the door (down) before letting the cover pop off.

The 2004 model is the one which doesn't require any tools.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I used a flathead wrapped with a cloth to prevent scratches. There is a slot for you to pop it at the bottom of the cover.

·
Registered
6 Posts
just used this guide to replace the stock bulbs with aqua blue LED's and it was so simple, thanks dude! only thing is, in the courtesy light on the door, when i pushed the LED into the slot, it easily pushed the entire thing up inside the door and i cant get it out :O it still works though and you would never know unless you popped off the lense cap and tried taking the light out

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just replaced my courtesy, dome, vanity and license plate lights with an SMD LED kit off ebay. Couldn't change out the glove box or trunk light, though. Looks like the bulb sizes are smaller. I wonder if the bulb size was changed on the 2015 model.

Regardless, this DIY was extremely helpful!

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Just replaced my courtesy, dome, vanity and license plate lights with an SMD LED kit off ebay. Couldn't change out the glove box or trunk light, though. Looks like the bulb sizes are smaller. I wonder if the bulb size was changed on the 2015 model.

Regardless, this DIY was extremely helpful!
Plate lights and glove box are also 194s. I replaced the glove box light and it was a bit of a pain (but easy once I knew what to do).

http://forum.mazda6club.com/electrical-lighting-audio/290938-diy-changing-glove-box-light-3rd-gen.html <-- I wrote that so people don't have to wonder like I did.

·
Registered
751 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

·
Registered
185 Posts
I HATE THOSE STUPID DOME LIGHT COVERS.

That is all.

Fought with those stupid things for twenty minutes.

Stupid things

Grr...

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I HATE THOSE STUPID DOME LIGHT COVERS.

That is all.

Fought with those stupid things for twenty minutes.

Stupid things

Grr...
Shouldn't have been that tough :( Just takes a tiny bit of pressure to make the clip pop off the side piece of plastic. Then the thing basically falls off.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I .... see now that I was supposed to pry by the "u" clips, not the long bar thing, whoops. Oh well!

I had a little tiny one led light thats way smaller than a 194 in my package, anyone know what it is for? I will take a photo tomororw.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts
About this Discussion
63 Replies
36 Participants
Jaggrey
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing