Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah it's the amazon kit. I like it too! definitely recommend.
Thank you for the quick response. Yeah I think I'll give them a shot, thanks to your recommendation.

Also love those lights. Forgive me for asking, but where did you get those. And are they plug and play with the touring model?

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the great instruction and tips! I just ordered the Amazon fogs for my '17 sport.
Was wondering if any of you tech guys know of a way that the stock turn signal switch connector could be "jumpered" such that the lights are hard-wired on with the headlamps?
The schematic doesn't elaborate on colors, but the fog switch simply adds an additional connection for on off control. I'd pretty much want them on all the time anyway, and it would save $40 on a new stalk. TIA!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Are the fog lights for the M6 years 2013-2017 all the same? I saw some of the 16s and they looked different to me. The light opening looked very tiny now. I was contemplating putting some fogs on my 2016 M6 Sport but want to make I can use fogs for any of those years. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the great instruction and tips! I just ordered the Amazon fogs for my '17 sport.
Was wondering if any of you tech guys know of a way that the stock turn signal switch connector could be "jumpered" such that the lights are hard-wired on with the headlamps?
The schematic doesn't elaborate on colors, but the fog switch simply adds an additional connection for on off control. I'd pretty much want them on all the time anyway, and it would save $40 on a new stalk. TIA!
Kind of like this?

DIY: Mazda GJ 6 Independent Fog Light Mod

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bosh- Yes, pretty much,THANKS! Great write up, but I had given up and ordered the stalk after a few days...
And yes, they are the same as far as I can tell. I ordered the $50 iJDMTOY off Amazon, which are designed for '14 but they fit my '17 perfect.

Chose to do the easier "behind the wheel" method of install. Driver side first, since it was more open to be able to see the tabs better before going blind due to the washer fluid tank. Went ok, with one exception: One of the 3 screws that mount the light into the shroud is designed to screw into a part on the bumper. This is nearly impossible to do without taking it off, so I used a nut & bolt to hold the light on the shroud and cut off the bumper feature. This means the light assembly is only held onto the bumper via the clips... Seems ok, but not "perfect".
Took some pics of the process, wasn't too bad though the passenger side was challenging and caused a few arm abrasions!

Attachments

·
Registered
782 Posts
Where would folks recommend getting Mazda parts online? I'd like to price out the cost of getting genuine Mazda foglights vs. going for something like the Spyders. Thanks!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Where would folks recommend getting Mazda parts online? I'd like to price out the cost of getting genuine Mazda foglights vs. going for something like the Spyders. Thanks!
Aside from Amazon these guys seem to have decent prices: Mazda 6 Halogen Foglamp with Switch

I also just installed the iJDMtoy kit over the weekend along with an OEM switch. I have to give Mazda credit in making this relatively painless. The foglight connectors were easily accessible, the foglights attach without too much hassle and swapping out the turn signal stalk could not have been more simiple. The passenger side was a little more difficult with the windshield washer fluid reservoir in the way. I also did this install with the car jacked up, wheels removed and partially removed the fender wells. I replaced my front rotors and pads at the same time to make it worth the effort.

For a little extra piece of mind I applied some XPEL 30mil (0.030") pvc laminate over the foglight glass. So all in for $110 I've got a perfectly functional set of foglights. I'm pretty pleased so far.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did the samething with the same parts to my 17 Touring and had no issues. Installing the lights and switch took all of an hour and under $100 in parts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I didn't see it listed, so I wanted to add that I bought the VooDoo fogs off FleaBay, because they had a similar chrome "eyebrow"/"swoosh" to the newest OEM GT ones. They work exactly the same - it's just plug and play and looks/works totally OEM because of the Amazon stalk. I put the car on jack-stands and took off both wheels and pulled back the fender well.

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
Question, are all of trim levels come pre wired or just the touring trim and above? I have a 2015 m/t sport.

·
Registered
605 Posts
It was quite easy. I’m honestly quite lazy and didn’t take the wheels or the bumper off. Took about 30-45 minutes. Got the kit and oem switch from amazon for about $100.

Will need to adjust the left light a little.

I have seen the oem switch on ebay for about 35-45 dollars....

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have seen the oem switch on ebay for about 35-45 dollars....
I paid exactly that for mine from the dealer (with auto headlamp support) and just over $50 for the aftermarket fog lights so all together <$90 and all looks and works just fine.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Question, are all of trim levels come pre wired or just the touring trim and above? I have a 2015 m/t sport.
I'm not sure if it comes pre-wired, but it is easy enough to check. Just take off the side of the underside panel to see where the fog lights should go. There should be a wire either hanging there or in a dead/storage socket. Should be easy to spot.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I'm not sure if it comes pre-wired, but it is easy enough to check. Just take off the side of the underside panel to see where the fog lights should go. There should be a wire either hanging there or in a dead/storage socket. Should be easy to spot.

yeah I have already got the fogs installed with 12k HIDs and everything.......thanks anyway

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
yeah I have already got the fogs installed with 12k HIDs and everything.......thanks anyway
No problem, sorry I dont hit up the forum as much as I used to.

Lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello to all the forum
I have a Mazda 6 2018 with factory fogs.
But these came with an internal plaque that covers the light.
The question is, will it be that if I remove this internal plate my fogger will illuminate more?
perhaps by some standard or convention this plaque was put on so as not to shine directly on the driver coming in the opposite direction!
Does anyone have any experience with this?

41 - 60 of 62 Posts
About this Discussion
61 Replies
31 Participants
salasjairo
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing