Mazda 6 Forums banner
581 - 596 of 596 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does this DIY method work on the 2004 mazda 6s? I know the FM transmitter (XCarLink) from the rpmstore poeple are buying wont work on the 2004's...

·
Registered
513 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
i did this and its works great but i have a custom sub in my car and when i hook up the media device the base almost doubles from my sub. is anyone else having this problem?

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
i did this and its works great but i have a custom sub in my car and when i hook up the media device the base almost doubles from my sub. is anyone else having this problem?
No issues like that for me. Its consistent on AUX, CD or the radio.

I have my base set on the headunit at -2 usually. Do you have an EQ on your phone/device that you use for music?

I run two 10" aftermarket woofers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
not originally no. i put one on my phone after it started to bother me. it honestly made very little difference. gonna tear it all apart again maybe a loose wire is touching another.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey all:

Just FYI I tried this mod with the L716 mod on my 04 wagon with bose and no dice. Could not get it to pick up the aux on this one. Tried hitting the CD button twice like the L716 mod suggested. Tried toggling with the MODE button on the steering wheel, Tried Tape button. Nothing would switch over. I dont have a sat button on mine to switch to either.

My head unit is all scratched anyway think ill pick up the nice black one from a 06. I have the cable built now :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
I could never get this method to work in my 04, so that's why I figured out an alternate method:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/electrical-lighting-audio/302849-diy-free-aux-method-03-05-w-6cd.html

In the end though, I am glad to have just installed a new head unit up top and left the stock stereo in the dash below. I did leave power going to it, but no audio signal wires remain connected.

I install the HU on top of dash board like you. Did you power the HU by connecting to the battery directly?

Audio connection is hard and I stuck with it. The most simple solution is to make the aux input on the Bose HU then connect this aux to the RCA port on the back of the aftermarket HU. Otherwise, you will stop the clock/computer LCD on dash board and lose the air conditioner if you disconnect the Bose HU

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just wanted to chime in and say thanks to the OP for the guide :) I came across it late this morning and as of about 30 minutes ago the mod is installed and working perfectly :D

It wasn't too hard to source the parts I needed and I only spent about £10~ on those that I did (£7~ of which was some new reels of wire as I had run out). I actually ended up sacrificing an old PC cable like the OP did, except I used an internal USB connector instead and just re-pinned it as required :)

·
Registered
'04 Mazda 6 GG Hatchback 1.8l
21 Posts
Hi,
I have non-Bose stereo without CD player,only radio tuner,it's '04 Mazda 6 1.8l EU model.
I'm from Croatia EU.
Can I put this aux mod on my stereo?
I think that i will need to do L716 jumper mod to enable this option.

Poslano sa mog SM-G780F koristeći Tapatalk

I found diagram for the pins.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've seen that plug,on aliexpress it's about 3$.
But this will be temporary,if I order the plug,I will wait more than a month to get it here form China.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did everything step by step,did L716 soldering,but nothing happens when I press CD or TAPE/MD button.
It looks like that this mod doesn't work on this model of radio.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have nothing,damn car.
I guess i'll need to wait to save some money and buy aftermarket android.

581 - 596 of 596 Posts