Mazda 6 Forums banner
561 - 580 of 596 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Problem solved, I used pin 1 as signal ground instead of 7 and its working perfectly, no unwanted noise at all.

Successfully done on an '03 with Bose!

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have an '03 with Bose 6 disc setup. I have managed to get this to work using the TV input. There is no button for it, you have to scroll through using the MODE button on steering wheel.

BTW, I have the popup Nav screen and DVD in glovebox which was connected where this mod goes...
So, is this a viable option for a 2005 or not? I'm likely buying a 2005 6s next week with Bose (no nav/dvd), and an aux input will be needed quickly. Auxmod is currently out of stock otherwise I would possibly just drop the $60 to have it figured out quickly.

Thanks for any feedback

·
Registered
513 Posts
Problem solved, I used pin 1 as signal ground instead of 7 and its working perfectly, no unwanted noise at all.

Successfully done on an '03 with Bose!
So you followed the directions for 06+ but used pin 1 instead of 7, and you can toggle to a hidden input called "TV" via the steering wheel mode button? Any idea if this would work on a 2005 without nav/dvd?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
When I removed the head unit in mine there was already a plug in the socket used for this mod, the plug comes from the TV/Nav unit. I've always been able to scroll to TV using the MODE button on the wheel, but the TV has never worked.

When I pulled the plug out and plugged the mod cable in, the TV option disappeared. By process of elimination I worked out that the terminal in the plug the corresponds to pin 16 of the socket on the head unit is what enables the TV option. So I removed that wire from the plug and added it to my mod cable to connect to pin 16.

My multimeter has packed a sad so couldn't check exactly what signal that wire sends to enable the option, quite possibly just an earth but I'm not keen to guess. Other than that I just used pin 3 & 5 for signal + and pin 1 for signal ground, works a treat!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi & Sorry for my Bad Eng.
i connect pin 1 to 13
But , Tape/MD Button NOT WORK
Please Help
Thanks .
--------------------
Mazda 6 Sedan 2005
6 Disc Changer
--------------------

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
i connect pin 1 to 13
Please Help
Thanks .
--------------------
Mazda 6 Sedan 2005
6 Disc Changer
--------------------
This mod will not work on the 03-05 models. If you would have read the first post better, you would have known that before tearing into it.

Someone on here did figure out a way to get an AUX by tampering with the CD player somehow.

@mrsamankhan check out this thread to get an AUX working in your car.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/showthread.php?t=302849

·
Registered
513 Posts
i connect pin 1 to 13
Please Help
Thanks .
Did you try toggling source on the steering wheel "MODE" button? Someone above said it put the radio in an unlisted "TV" mode. I actually want to try that method at some point, although my "tampered" CD player method works just fine for me at the moment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi
Sorry again for My Bad English

I Do it :

Buy : Kawai KW-720 MP3 Player USB/SD/MMC/AUX Input..With Remote Control ..
about 20 $ ( in Turkey )

KW-720

Then :

Car Kit Instalatin ( Car Radio Service)
about 25 $
They Use Front Right / Left Speaker for Kawai KW-720 MP3 Player
.. Cut Speaker Cable From Ampl .. under Right Chair
and use (+) Electric From Lighter

and : i Have a old Tablet : Archos 70 Internet Tablet + 250 GB Internal hard Disk ..
This Model Used Old Android ( Ver 2.2.1 ) ... But 250 GB is Very Nice for Video / Clip etc .

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi
Sorry again for My Bad English

I Do it :

Buy : Kawai KW-720 MP3 Player USB/SD/MMC/AUX Input..With Remote Control ..
about 20 $ ( in Turkey )

KW-720

Then :

Car Kit Instalatin ( Car Radio Service)
about 25 $
They Use Front Right / Left Speaker for Kawai KW-720 MP3 Player
.. Cut Speaker Cable From Ampl .. under Right Chair
and use (+) Electric From Lighter

and : i Have a old Tablet : Archos 70 Internet Tablet + 250 GB Internal hard Disk ..
This Model Used Old Android ( Ver 2.2.1 ) ... But 250 GB is Very Nice for Video / Clip etc .

Very creative! I like it

·
Registered
99 Posts
Alright so I bought the Audiolink for my iPhone 3G and it was working fine until after a week, it stopped charging so I returned it. I was going to get the DICE but then I found a way to make the same thing with just

First you need to go to RadioShack and buy a 3.5mm stereo connector. Looks like this:

Part number and Description on the RadioShack bag: 3-Conductor Stereo 1/8" 3.5mm Phone Jack PN:274-0249

You also need a soldering gun, flux, soldering wire, also i used those OOOOOOOLD audio cables that hook up to CD roms that nobody uses anymore, they fit perfect and the connectors are perfect size. Get a couple of them
Also a Drill to drill the hole and very useful in my case a Dremmel (you'll see why later)

So Remove the stereo (go here to learn how to do it How to change HVAC lights)

Now, you can use any color wire you want, as you will see later I used red twice because I didn't have any other color..., Here is where your CD-rom audio cable comes in handy:

Look at the back of the stereo, you will see the connector for the aux port used by Sirius, Dice, Audiolink. **BTW you cannot do this if you have sirius or XM installed**

You will see the pins are numbered.

What you need to do is hook up pins 1 and 13 to each other. 1 is Ground and 13 is the AUX pin. It enables the MEDIA button on the stereo.
On the 1 and 13 connector. I used a D-SUB connector from radioshack, it comes with the connector and the pins, just use the pins, you have to crimp them, use a pair of pliers.

3 goes to the R on the 3.5 connector, 5 goes to the L pin and 7 goes to the Signal Pin. It's labeled on the first pic.

so it looks like this:

That's 1 and 13, then using the CD Audio cable plug it to 3,5 and 7.

I took the pic before I move the pins to get them together btw. so put them together on one side and plug it in. Since 9 is not used it takes the empty socket on the CD Audio connector.

On the other side of that connector, use a soldering gun and solder the ends with the respective wires.

Then what I did is I wanted to place it somewhere so i picked a hole next to the cigarette plug. I used a 1/4 drill bit and drilled away. Now here is where the dremmel comes in handy:

As you can see I had to shave some of it down because the plug would not go all the way, just shave it enough so you can screw it on the other side with the ring that comes with it.

Once it's in place it looks like this:

At this point wait until you plug the stereo side, just plug 1 and 13 and then once everything is in the car route the wire from the 3.5mm socket to the back of the stereo and then plug it in. **NOTE: you may need to extend the wire. Mine was juuuuuuust long enough so if you have 2 CD Audio cables you can cut part of the other one and mate them so it's longer**

Once it's connected test it before you put everything together. turn the Radio ON :slap: then press MEDIA. AUX should come up on the screen, then plug the 3.5mm cable to the socket and the other side to your media player (MP3, iPod,, iPhone, Zune etc) and you should be able to hear it!

Enjoy!
Thank you worked great for me..no issues at all sounds great. ..

·
Registered
513 Posts
Since oa2324 got this to work on his pre-06 by adding a connection to pin #16 from his stock nav unit, I am going to give this mod a try on my 04 also. Hopefully all pin #16 needs is a ground to allow toggling to "TV" input by the steering wheel mode button.

My goal for this mod is to feed the output from a 2nd head unit into my stock head unit. Sadly, attempting to feed it into the CD player aux mod I did before was no good... not enough output voltage by the new head unit. So for now, my new HU just goes for a ride and looks pretty in the dash...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was able to follow the guide and get my aux working, but I was just wondering what do the other pins do? (Sorry I can follow the guide but I am an audio noob)

I saw BUS+/- ACC+ BATT+ that I wouldn't have a clue to their purpose.

Presumably the orig purpose of the connector is to use an external cd changer/sattelite/etc so do the other pins correspond to buttons on the HU?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Since oa2324 got this to work on his pre-06 by adding a connection to pin #16 from his stock nav unit, I am going to give this mod a try on my 04 also. Hopefully all pin #16 needs is a ground to allow toggling to "TV" input by the steering wheel mode button.

My goal for this mod is to feed the output from a 2nd head unit into my stock head unit. Sadly, attempting to feed it into the CD player aux mod I did before was no good... not enough output voltage by the new head unit. So for now, my new HU just goes for a ride and looks pretty in the dash...

Wow, where did you get such a nice top mount for the stereo? I just installed the same Pioneer digital media player (hooked to 900W amp, sub, and all new speakers), but it looks ugly under the factory cover. Where did you buy that part?

·
Registered
21 Posts
i hooked it up exactly like in the instructions but i cant get sound out of the right speakers. Is the pin layout exactly the same even though i have a 2007 with the 6disc changer?

561 - 580 of 596 Posts