Mazda 6 Forums banner
541 - 560 of 596 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Did this to my car today, except I decided to run the cable through to my armrest so I can put my phone in the top portion and have the cables hidden.

Thanks for the great guide!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Did this to my car today, except I decided to run the cable through to my armrest so I can put my phone in the top portion and have the cables hidden.

Thanks for the great guide!
Good choice! That's exactly the way I did mine. Just cut the end off a nice quality 3.5 cable and wired it in. Didn't want to put a hole in my dash.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not to be an additional pain in the backside but does anyone know of any how to guides for an Air Con (Luxury Sport) model.....Ive seen a few for standard central column but the guides refer to pulling bits off and such....I don't have.....looking through the various kits available...also if ive got the 6 disc changer does that mean I have to say goodbye it or does the above go in happily along side the changer? Thanks in advance :D

·
Registered
522 Posts
I don't think anyone has replied because your post doesn't really make much sense. Are you trying to install an aux jack like in the thread? How-to to remove the head unit? Replace with aftermarket deck? Where are you located - euro decks are different than us....

help us help you :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im in Australia, not sure why my post doesn't make sense but :) to be clear. I have a Luxury Sport model which has a different "front" than the videos I have seen. My real question is, as its a CD x 6 CD Changer model, does this replace that component so I can no longer use it, or does it still remain active just with an additional Media/Aux function? Is there any difference in getting behind the head unit to install such in the Luxury Sport model as again the front is different to standard/lesser models. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I would assume the changer will still work in yours as it does in all the us models. Being I don't have a clue if your deck is exactly the same, I don't know if the aux jack itself will work. The one in this thread is simple enough and cheap enough, give it a shot and see if it works. You use the same port as if you were adding the factory satellite radio to the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
To save me from looking through 51 pages, will this work on the 2004 mazda6? It is the bose system. I don't really feeling like dropping 70 bucks on a sylfex.

·
Registered
522 Posts
To save me from looking through 51 pages, will this work on the 2004 mazda6? It is the bose system. I don't really feeling like dropping 70 bucks on a sylfex.
Nope, 2006-2008

Reactions: 98se5speed

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'd be dubious on that working for your car. It looks like a more put together version of what is described in this thread (has the factory plug on it). I guess you can give it a shot for 10 bucks, but I'd make sure you can return it if you need to...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ya the only reason I thought I would try it is because it costs next to nothing. Otherwise if that doesn't work I have a bunch of cd cords lying around the house to make the exact same thing. The one on ebay just has the convenience and security of the factory connector (don't have to worry about other wires touching and shorting or even disconnecting).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just did this mod last night on my '08 Mazda 6 with Bose. It took a while to get the stereo to slide out once the screws and bolt were out, but other than that it was easy. Also, it sounds amazing! Thanks, OP!

There is a little bit of buzz when there is a current draw on the power outlet next to where I mounted the 3.5 mm jack. It's super quiet, only noticeable between songs. I ordered a ground loop isolator to see if it helps, but even if it doesn't it still sounds a million times better than my FM transmitter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an '03 with Bose 6 disc setup. I have managed to get this to work using the TV input. There is no button for it, you have to scroll through using the MODE button on steering wheel.

BTW, I have the popup Nav screen and DVD in glovebox which was connected where this mod goes.

The problem I'm having is I get the horrible buzzing noise even with the engine off. It gets worse if you touch the Ipod and ground it. It works fine occasionally but for the most part there is bad interference.

Could this be the cable I used to make the Mod, or possibly different pinouts being the older model H/U? I had a play and even removing the ground pin from my cable, the music kept coming but so did the buzzing?

541 - 560 of 596 Posts