Mazda 6 Forums banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
It worked on my 2014 6 with Bose. I have a thread all about it on here. I took it out when I got rid of that car and I'll be trying it on my new 2018 6 GT with Bose for a sub upgrade. I'll update when I do.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well I just tried and from what I can tell, the old PAC that I used in my 2014 6 with Bose does not work on this 2018 with Bose. I've taken a couple of pics to show the location under the glovebox and also the two plugs compared side by side. On my 2014, I removed the radio and inserted the PAC behind the connection back there. On this 2018, you can also take the tablet out and put a POC back ther but it's the same plug as by the Bose box so this ADD-MAZ2 PAC will not work on my car. I also have a picture of the plugs under the pasngr seat where the Bose amp is and it doesn't work there either.

Looks like we will have to tap into the wires to add an LOC for now. I have emailed PAC to see if they have a new model.

Attachments

·
Registered
763 Posts
Well I just tried and from what I can tell, the old PAC that I used in my 2014 6 with Bose does not work on this 2018 with Bose. I've taken a couple of pics to show the location under the glovebox and also the two plugs compared side by side. On my 2014, I removed the radio and inserted the PAC behind the connection back there. On this 2018, you can also take the tablet out and put a POC back ther but it's the same plug as by the Bose box so this ADD-MAZ2 PAC will not work on my car. I also have a picture of the plugs under the pasngr seat where the Bose amp is and it doesn't work there either.

Looks like we will have to tap into the wires to add an LOC for now. I have emailed PAC to see if they have a new model.

I can confirm this. I got the PAC adapter and a subwoofer a while ago and just today I finally had some time to tackle this. I looked at a number of videos and threads about the install on Bose and non-Bose systems and was ready to do it. Wasn’t sure if it was just me missing something but the 2018s are different... at least the GT Reserve with the Bose system is. The PAC adapter plug isn’t the right size. And, the hardware under the dash/passenger footwell is different.

Bummer. :frown2:
@cotydlux...Thanks for sharing. Let us know if PAC responds and keep us posted if you figure an alternate way. Maybe we should start a 2018 audio thread.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts
About this Discussion
84 Replies
15 Participants
Trippp
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing